DeltaBoy777
Topic Author

Delta Connection's SkyWest: Moving To COS?

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:48 am

Hello everyone-
Just wanted to see if a rumor about some of Delta Connection's SkyWest operations in SLC maybe moving to COS is true. Personally, I believe if true this is not really a smart move by Delta or SkyWest. Salt Lake City already has all of the resources and ample space to accomodate DL Connection service. COS, even though it has about 6-7 unused gates, doesn't even come close to the total in SLC. Also heat groundings are infamous at the over one-mile high Colorado Springs airport, grounding and delaying many flights departing from the airport. Any help on the validity of this rumor and your opinions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

~~DeltaBoy777~~
Thanks and Gig Em!

iowaman

RE: Delta Connection's SkyWest: Moving To COS?

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:56 am

Do you mean all Skywest movements? SLC is DL's hub, it would make completely no sense since the Skywest flights feed the mainline flights into SLC so no i don't think there is a chance that will happen!

OH-LGA

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:57 am

The only thing SkyWest is doing is opening a maintenence base and crew domicile in Colorado Springs. We will be serving COS from LAX, SLC, DEN, ORD, and DFW on both the United Express and Delta Connection sides depending on the hub city being flown from. It makes sense to set up some operations there especially since we will quite likely have many RON aircraft in COS.

See the linked press release:
http://www.skywest.com/media/04/6-02-04.php

Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

DeltaBoy777
Topic Author

Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:02 am

Thanks for the clear-up OH-LGA!! Iowaman, I knew Delta would never move all of it's ops from SLC, but with talks of downsizing at SLC and this new rumor, I wasn't sure if they would move SOME ops to COS.
Thanks and Gig Em!

iowaman

Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:05 am

Ok, I could definently see service to LAX, SLC, DEN, ORD, and DFW. I wasn't sure if u meant like moving all Skywest to SLC, but that clears it up! It would be nice to see more service in COS someday!

gigneil

Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:02 am

Its not increased service, and there will be no change in service.

Skywest already serves COS from these destinations under the colors of varying airlines.

N

Corbin

Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:12 am

As far as I know, SkyWest is opening a crew base of 43 jet crews in COS.
In life you are either a passenger or a pilot. The choice is yours!