potomac

LH Business Class?

Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:03 pm

I'll be flying LH from IAD-AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA-GOT later this summer in business class, and - having never flown LH ever before - was curious as to people's impression of the service. How might it compare to UA? First time in an A343 too....

Thanks

potomac

RE: LH Business Class?

Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:04 pm

yikes...sorry...that would be dulles-frankfurt-goteberg

ANA

Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:11 pm

Dull but efficient is LH bizz class. It'll be the older seat too, which may be no bad thing as the new one is very odd when it moves - it kinda eats you on its way to going flat, which, I hasten to add, is not horizontal.

Anders

SailorOrion

Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:12 pm

I've flown LH's NEW C class and it was just great, although the IFE was not yet fully complete (the rockwell guys have a hard time with at, being a Windows-based stuff ... ). The old C class is not too great, but ok. You can check my trip report in the forum (it's a while back, March this year MUC-NRT, kIX-AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA-MUC)

SailorOrion

ua777222

Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:28 pm

I'm currently in Berlin and just flew LH 0419(?) from LAX-F R A and few business. If you want to compare it to UA, well, LH and UA aren't even in the same class. The service was a bit different. They were very rude to me and after the lady yelled at me to sit b/c I was "in the way" (meaning got up before meal service and came back to have the aisle blocked so sat next to the exit) she managed to trip over a set of headphones and fell right on her face! Now I have the utmost respect for F/A's but, BAD CARMA? She then managed to hold up the rust of the meal service while she moaned and groaned in the aisle. But for a shorter flight I would say you'll like it. Now I was on a 744 (D-ABTA) and not a 340. Good luck!

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

potomac

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:00 am

eeek. well, i have UA on the return if it proves to be not so hot on LH for the outbound. thanks.

PA110

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:22 am

Potomac,
LH Business Class is pretty straightforward and efficient, but nothing fancy. The older seats on the A343 are similar to UA's, but lack the massage feature I like on the UA seats. LH definitely provides better meal service than UA. As far as attentiveness of crew, I think it is a tie. Just as some UA F/A's can be inattentive, some LH F/A's can be cold, but I've found most F/A's on both carriers have been very attentive and friendly.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

767-322ETOPS

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:27 am

Be sure to get a seat in row 3 or 4 on the 343 - it's like a mini cabin.

potomac

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:31 am

thanks for the responses all. oh yeah, speaking of seats - are there any of those 'window' seats that end up having a very disappointing windowless wall? not where i want to be for 7.5 hours...