Ady
Topic Author

MIA Based Iberia Crew

Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:25 pm

I took a flight with Iberia this May from MIA-PTY and I noticed the crew had very Spaniard accents but on the return trip I really didn't hint at the Spaniard accent, the Spanish to me sounded more to this side of the hemisphere, which got me wondering if crew members for Iberia flights departing from Miami's Hub to Latin America all Spanish, I mean, do they live in Miami as Spanish citizens on visas, do they use Americans to do MIA based flights, or do they do the MIA based flights to Latin America as part of a longer assignment trip once they reach Miami from Madrid flight assignments. If so, does anyone know how long they usually stay in Miami before going back to Spain. Just curious. Thanks.
If u ever feel depressed about urself, just remember that at one time you were the most vicious sperm in ur group.

Iberia340600

RE: MIA Based Iberia Crew

Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:38 pm

Hello Ady:

The only Spaniards per say that fly the HUB routes are the cockpit crews. All flight attendants are hired locally in Miami. They can be of any origin as long as they are fluent in Spanish. So yes you may find some are Spaniards(they could either have moved there or are 1st generation Americans) just as they could be Colombian, Puerto Rican, or even full blooded American as long as they are fluent in the spanish language.

Hope that helps!
Visca Barça!!

Ady
Topic Author

RE: MIA Based Iberia Crew

Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:47 pm

Thanks for the information IBERIA340600.
If u ever feel depressed about urself, just remember that at one time you were the most vicious sperm in ur group.