artsyman

Tue: Midnight Central Time MD11 On Discovery Wings

Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:54 pm

Hi Folks,
As it starts in less than 10 min, I thought I'd post that there is a show on at midnight central time all about the MD-11. For direct tv users, Wings is on channel 287

enjoy

J

rjpieces

RE: Tue: Midnight Central Time MD11 On Discovery W

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:04 pm

As it starts in less than 10 min, I thought I'd post that there is a show on at midnight central time all about the MD-11. For direct tv users, Wings is on channel 287

There are benefits to not being able to sleep!!!  Smile

Thanks for the info, I'm watching now.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

artsyman

RE: Tue: Midnight Central Time MD11 On Discovery Wings

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:06 pm

It will probably be like all other Wings programs in that they will show a photo of an MD11 at the begining, then show endless footage of some Charlie Chaplin era and style aircraft for 28 minutes, and then show a photo of the same MD11 again at the end, and say that the show is about the MD11.

That channel is such crap

J

rjpieces

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:18 pm

It will probably be like all other Wings programs in that they will show a photo of an MD11 at the begining, then show endless footage of some Charlie Chaplin era and style aircraft for 28 minutes, and then show a photo of the same MD11 again at the end, and say that the show is about the MD11.

Heheh. Well, 17 minutes in and we are on the 707/DC-8....We might just get to the MD-11!  Smile

That channel is such crap

There is one great epiosde that they repeat fairly often. I remember one about American's ground ops at DFW that I enjoyed watching (several times).
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

rjpieces

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:39 pm

40 minutes and just up to the DC-10!

N670UW

RE: Tue: Midnight Central Time MD11 On Discovery Wings

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:54 am

I've seen that program before. It's more on the history of McDonnell Douglas rather than the MD-11 itself. It talks a little bit at the end about the MD-11 and how it suffered from stiff competition from the 777 and the A340. I believe it mentioned FedEx's interest in the MD-11F and the Boeing/McDonnell Douglas merger.

Not all that good, IMO.

R

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos