fly_emirates

Aviation Major Problems These Days

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:33 am

Hi guys,

i am applying for masters in aviation management, and i have been asked to write an essay for my application, on what are the problems that i would like to work on with my degree, problems that are concerned with aviation.. i know there are a lot of those problems, but if you guys can help me with some tips that would be really awesome

RE: Aviation Major Problems These Days

Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:26 am

In the US the biggest problem is the FAA and its bureaucracy and vacuum tube ATC system. Totally inefficient. So much so that most of the majors would be profitable today were it not for the cost incurred by this broken down system.

C130HERCULES

RE: Aviation Major Problems These Days

Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:25 am

Hi Fly_emirates,
All the best of luck with that Major. Im sure it will be very interesting. SOme problems I can think of are the escalating ATC work loads and the 'bursting of seams' at major international airports . Congestion and increased risk of runway inccursions are some major problems I will think.
Increased pressure to reduce noise and engine emissions are environemtal issues as well as airport expansion and its impact on its surroudings and communities.  Smile
Vacation - ''Time wasted between two flights''