latinaviation

Sol Air Will Be AeroHonduras

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:15 pm

Here's a first look at some of the Sol Air changes. The source is AvNews Latin America & Caribbean.

Solair, the Honduras based airline, in which he owns a significant stake along with founder and CEO Ricardo Martinez, will change its name on July 6 to AeroHonduras. On the same date the airline will begin twice daily DC9-30 service between San Pedro Sula, Honduras and Guatemala/Managua. On July 16, subject to government approval still pending, the airline will begin San Pedro Sula-San Jose, Panama and Managua service with a DC9-21 introducing lower fares in the market. The plan is to build a San Pedro Sula hub with connecting service to Tegucigalpa, Roatan and Miami.

plaaneboy

RE: Sol Air Will Be AeroHonduras

Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:14 pm

Latinaviation-

Thanks for sharing. I've never been to SAP. Does that airport have the capacity to host a hub in the traditional sense? Secondly, if not, do they plan on expanding the airport in SAP?

latinaviation

Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:43 pm

Gosh, no. I think SAP has four covered jet bridges in total. I don't think AeroHonduras/Aeropostal will be a traditional hub in any sense at SAP, regardless of what they say. Maybe SAP can support their Miami freq., maybe MSY, plus the few DC-9s hopping around Central America, nothing elaborate like TA or CM.

aer

Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:38 pm

Wow, those are big changes, although I thought that AeroHonduras was their formal company name as an incorporated society (el nombre de la sociedad anonima). But it will be nice to have them in GUA competing with TA701.
nice and spacious airports in need of new airlines and flights... GUA or FRS anyone?... anyone at all?

717fan

Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:35 am

These DC-9's should come from Aeropostal, correct? How many will they operate? Thanks.