UbiDenmark

LHR Spotting

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:02 pm

I may go up to LHR this afternoon for some spotting and photography. What is currently the best place from which to spot ? I believe the viewing gallery above T2 is still closed. It is best to go to Hatton Cross and walk towards T4 or are there better spots available ?

Thanks in advance.

ChrisZRH

RE: LHR Spotting

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:34 pm

check to parking deck for T2! great place up there! you get to see them like the GF 332 if their taking off 09R

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Christian Galliker

Christian Galliker - AirTeamImages

Londoncenter

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:56 pm

I believe that the parking decks currently have signs against spotting but i'm not sure well policed this is. I have been up there a few times for over an hour at a time with no bother but could have just got lucky!

A good place for arrivals on 27R is by the BA maintenance hangars on the perimeter road. There are a few small huts by the roundabout on the approach path for 27R, its usually pretty popular and I've never been moved on yet. Vantage point isn't brilliant for photography but you get a clear lookat the a/c.

ChrisZRH

Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:35 pm

yes, you're right, there's a sign up there! "Viewing strictly forbidden", but there are always some guys up there, and it's really worth it, being up there, believe me
Christian Galliker - AirTeamImages

mikedlayer

Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:40 pm

Be careful, I was almost arrested up there a few months ago by a very moody police officer!!!! I'd only just got out the car and he demanded me to leave the car park.

This suggest to me people can park in the car park, but cannot leave their cars at all?? LOL  Big grin

Mike