MikeM2648
Topic Author

UAL Letter To MP Members Re: Atsb Decision

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:34 am

Dear Michael A Morgan,

As a Mileage Plus® member, you may be following the news coverage concerning United's application to the Air Transportation Stabilization Board (ATSB) for a federal loan guarantee.

Although our application has been denied, we are gratified that the ATSB recognized the progress of our financial restructuring. The ATSB's decision will have no effect on our service to you. We are now moving forward to secure exit financing and emerge as a stronger, more competitive airline.

Our employees remain focused on providing you with a superior travel experience—that means reliability, safety and operational excellence.

Customers like you continue to remind us that Mileage Plus is a valued part of the United travel experience. My team and I are also committed to enriching your opportunities to earn and redeem miles. In fact, over the past few months we have introduced new partners, extended popular promotions and added valuable mile-earning opportunities.

We recognize that you have many choices for your business and personal air travel. Thank you for flying United and for participating in the Mileage Plus program—we look forward to seeing you on a United flight soon.

Sincerely,

Arnold Lewis
Vice President – Marketing Programs
President, UAL Loyalty Services

LFutia

RE: UAL Letter To MP Members Re: Atsb Decision

Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:00 am

i just read that exact same email... LOL
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

StevenUhl777

Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:19 pm

I don't know why I didn't get this...I've been an MP member for a while now, and VERY loyal to UA. Maybe it's because I just cashed in miles in Dec. and only have 356 left...maybe they figure I left already, I don't know.

And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

tekelberry

Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:30 pm

StevenUhl777,

Check your united.com e-mail preferences. You may have elected not to receive e-mails such as this one.

caetravlr

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:50 pm

I was going to say, I got the same email, and I haven't had the opportunity to fly in almost a year now. I like the way it is worded, and up front, though it probably doesn't adequately convey how serious the situation is. All in all, I like what they are doing to keep people informed.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

StarGoldLHR

Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:13 am

StarGold 5 years... and I didnt get no email. 350K in the bank maybe there scared I might use them
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos