Great news! I was wondering why no new 737s had arrived.
More over, a possible confirmation of new B777 could come! Least but not impossible Boeing wants AM to get the 7E7.
The Boeing Americas sales staff just returned from Mexico City, a big twin for AM is looking real good right about now
It is obvious that the 777 is getting closer and closer to AMs fleet. I think this is great and long overdue, but I have been wondering if AM
wouldn't be better off with the 7E7.
I understand the 7E7 is not in production yet and getting them would mean a wait of at least three or four years, but I think this will be the ideal aircraft for AM
for the following reasons, among others:
- It will have an amazing range, which means that it can operate from MEX
to most if not all European and even Asian airports without restrictions.
- It will be the most efficient and technologically advanced aircraft.
- We now know the aircraft will be produced, since it already has at least 50 orders (ANA). Worst case scenario is the aircraft is not produced in the end, and you switch your orders to 777, which by the time this happens should be an aircraft you already have on your fleet, if these strong rumors become true.
- The list price will be high, yes, but I'm sure that (i) being a launch customer will certainly cause a huge discount, and (ii) Am won't have to pay now, but only until the each plane is received (unless something out of the ordinary is agreed).
- The 7E7 is not as big as the 777, which makes it easier to fill, on the one hand, and better fore offering additional frequencies, on the other.
In conclusion, while I don't deny the urgent need for 777s for AM
, I do feel the 7E7 would be a better option in the long run. But then again, the chances of a 7E7 order from AM
are close to zero.
Just my 2 cents. . .