Flyinround731
Topic Author

Old KHOU Memories

Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:56 pm

Hey, I have a question for anyone from the Houston area here. I seem to remember, about 12-15 years ago when I was a little boy, there used to be some sort of large sized, white plane parked on the SW edge of the field, kind of close to the ends of runways 22 and 17. It was in front of a hangar, and I used to always pass by it on my trips to Almeda Mall along Telephone Rd. I remember once I passed by it, and I think it was being scrapped. After that, I never saw it again. Anyone else remember this aircraft, or know what kind it was?
-Joe

Bernard Shakey

RE: Old Khou Memories

Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:11 pm

I used to visit family in Houston frequently during that time period, most of whom lived near Hobby. I too remember the aircraft, and it was a 707 (or possibly at 720). It was white with some small blue trim and sat parked by the hangars on Telephone Road for years.
Mindless drifter on the road, Carries such an easy load