US AIRWAYS
Topic Author

Employment (US Airways)

Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:43 am

Hi

I've been contemplating heading down for an open interview for US Airways at PHL for a Fleet Service Agent so I have a part-time job during the school year. They're hiring like crazy right now. I have a full 40 hour a week internship at an office right now for the summer. They've asked me to work during the school year, but they're not open on weekends, and I would want to put in some good hours at a job during the weekend. My school schedule is pretty open (I go for 3 hours in the morning 3 days a week and for 4 hours in late afternoon/early evening 2 days a week), so I don't think I would have trouble with scheduling shifts. I just had a couple of questions before I make my decision:

1. Is it easy to pick up shifts/get people to take shifts?
2. Are you required to work a certain number of hours per week?
3. Can you take off whenever as long as you get someone to cover for you?
4. What do they make you do during the "physical capacity" screenings. I'm not really worried about it, but I was just curious.

This is open to all airline employees to answer, as well as US Airways employees specifically. Thanks for your help!!!

Jonathan
Go Eagles!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos