BH346
Topic Author

Detroit Midfield Terminal

Thu Feb 17, 2000 12:49 pm

I just looked at computer graphics and sketches of the Detroit Midfield Terminal. It looks great! I heard it will have 99 gates, and Northwest Airlines will use them all. It looks like a great, futuristic airport. I would like to go through Midfield some day. Also, I would like to know places to get info on Midfield and I would like to find a place I can find a Midfield terminal map, too. (On the web, please) Also, any comments and news would be nice, too! Also, does anyone know for sure what will happen to the old terminal? Also, will Northwest share the terminal with their partners in the Wings alliance? I know that many of these questions were asked in an earlier forum, but I think that forum is about a year old, and there might be new news on the Midfield terminal. Also, what kind of aircraft can the Midfield terminal support? An A3XX? Also, how will the Jetway (a.k.a. Airbridge, etc.) be like. The jetways today, or like the new ones that can board people into two doors? Or maybe a jetway that can board people onto the second story of Jumbos? Does that even exist?

The Midfield Terminal in the Detroit Metro Airport looks cool. I hope the airports of the future would be like Midfield.   Thanks to those who answer!

-BH346 
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

nwa man

RE: Detroit Midfield Terminal

Thu Feb 17, 2000 11:06 pm

I agree with you! That place just looks awesome. If I can, I'm taking the first flight in there from MSP. It's scheduled to open by the end of 2001, but they haven't given an exact date. For more info check out
http://www.nwa.com/features/detroit.shtml

NWA Man
Create your own luck.

Thu Feb 17, 2000 11:50 pm

Yes--- it will be heaven compared to what Northwest has now in DTW. I am goimg to be the first person there. I'm sorry. No Minneapolis jerk will beat me   I'm J/K. Maybe this will change the way that peopel look at Detroit.

doug

Fri Feb 18, 2000 3:45 am

i put a post on this last week

BH346
Topic Author

Fri Feb 18, 2000 6:41 am

I've been to the Midfieild Page through NWA ad DTW's site, too. I appeciate you for answering my forum. Midfield looks a little bit like Kansai, my favorite airport. What do you think of this? Also, for those who have been to Kansai, do you think Midfield will be better than Kansai. I think Kansai is very high-tech and so is Midfield. It seems like it wants to be Kansai when its grown up  
It looks awesome. The people who designed it probably worked very hard to design it! (PS-when I said it looks a little like KIX, i'm not calling the designers "copycats" Their design looks great!)
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly