flycro

Flybe At Southampton

Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:11 pm

Flybe's recent expansion seems to be about competing with BA and Eastern. Most of its new routes seem to be severly reduced or cut completely. With the winter timetable Prague goes, and many of the other routes are drastically cut Salzburg just once weekly and La Rochelle and Perpignan that have just started close at the end of October.

What is Flybe's plan for Southampton, is it about competing with BA or is it about expanding routes and choice?

AB seem brave starting a Paderborn route, but this is just what SOU needs, diversity!

richardw

RE: Flybe At Southampton

Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:40 pm

I'm surprised that they are not doing more than one flight on a Saturday to GVA, I would of thought two flights may be possible.

flycro

RE: Flybe At Southampton

Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:10 pm

I really don't know what Flybe's plans are. Other LCC stick with routes and build up a market whereas Flybe chop and change all the time without much consistancy in what they do. Competing with BA does very little.