TUGMASTER
Topic Author

SK Seating On B737-600

Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:35 pm

Hello,
Recently flew LHR-ARN-LHR .Both directions were on A SK 737-600.
I'm led to believe this aircraft has a 112 capacity (12 J /100 Y). My question is this.........In economy there was only 1 W.C. for a 100 people in the centre of the rear galley area. Are all B737-600's configured in this way.? Are there regulations regarding how many toilets per pax per.?
Apart from this,the service was great as usual....with lots of free 'BLOODY MARYS'.

RGDS

Tugmaster

solnabo

RE: SK Seating On B737-600

Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:59 pm

Tugmaster:
....with Absolut Pepper and tomatojuice!! Mmmm......yummie  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
About the B736 config I have no idea, but I thought they fly A321 to LHR?
Cheers

Mike/SE  Big thumbs up
Airbus SAS - Love them both

TUGMASTER
Topic Author

Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:05 pm

We get allsorts at LHR....MD80/90 A321 B736/8 ..not so many 767's now but when they still had them,F-28's as well .....always great to fly on one of them. Also now and again you'll see a Snowflake aircraft operate a sector.
Must try the BM's with Absolut Pepper........sounds delicious.

RGDS

Tugmaster

FinnWings

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:27 am

Tugmaster,

If I recall right the maximum seating capacity on SK 736 is 112 seats... however, most of those are convertible seats as you can change the seating configuration from 3+3 abreast to 2+3 abreast by just pushing the button under the seat. Obviously, Business class has this 2+3 configuration... Configuration is changed after every flight depending how many business vs. ecomony class passengers there will be on each flight. For some reason which I don't know, B737-700s don't have these convertible seats so seating capacity is always same.

B737-600 has two lavatories and one is located in the front galley and other is in the back galley. The front lavatory is for business class passengers and it is more roomy with better facilities as well (wooden toilet seat + window). I don't know what is the maximum amount of passengers per each toilet, but obviously in B737-600 with very small business class there is a lot of economy passengers who have to share just one toilet... Not very nice when that is inoperative.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Best regards,
FinnWings

TUGMASTER
Topic Author

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:44 am

FinnWings,

Thanks for the info & quick reply.......Y class pax weren't allowed up to the J lav, and yes,even with the one WC working it was a bit weird watching 50 or so pax queued up to use the one loo.

RGDS

Tugmaster

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos