DeltaAir
Topic Author

Britich Airways Concorde Problems?

Fri Feb 18, 2000 9:59 am

I read on a news release that British Airways has been having serious problems with its Concorde and parts falling off while inflight. Air France isn't. What is going on?

hmmmm...

Quid Pro Quo

Fri Feb 18, 2000 10:50 am

I don't know. You tell us. It's your story. Let's hear it. I click on this thread expecting you to tell me about problems with the BA Concorde, but instead I click on this thread and you are asking me to tell you about problems with the BA Concorde.

So, now you've clicked on this post expecting me to tell you about problems with the BA Concorde, but alas, I tell you I know nothing about problems with the BA Concorde either. So I quess we both disappointed each other.

Hmmmm...
An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

sammyk

RE: Britich Airways Concorde Problems?

Fri Feb 18, 2000 11:06 am

Haha!! Sorry, the silliness of the thread just made me laugh!  

Sammy

WorldTraveller

RE: Britich Airways Concorde Problems?

Sat Feb 19, 2000 3:30 am

Yeah, this Lady is getting old.

Flying twice the speed of sound does a lot of stress to an aircraft, so even with the best maintenance these things happen with age. However, no incident was ever serious.

One explanation for the fact that BA's Concordes are having more incidents is the fact that BA uses them much more intensive than AF.

Hope this helps a bit.