trident2e

Any Experience Of Airevents.com?

Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:46 am

A German tour operator, airevents.com, is advertising a short pleasure flight from CGN in September on an Iran Air 747SP. Does anyone have any experience of this company and know if they are reliable? I saw a link to their website from the website of the German magazine 'Skyliners' so I'm assuming they're a reputable company. Any feedback would be gratefully received.

trident2e

RE: Any Experience Of Airevents.com?

Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:46 am

No one out there with any knowledge?

aviaction

Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:55 am

Trident2e

I've come across their name many times in the last couple of years, which means they have been on the market for quite some time now. It's always a very "colourful" collection of planes and airlines. Quite obviously, depending on the number of pre-bookings (or rather the lack of them) they also offer specially discounted rates to members of the travel trade. These offers are published in magazines such as Touristik Report, FVW or Travel Talk. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Happy flying to all of us.
Aviaction
German by nationality, European by heart!

aviaction

Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:24 am

Trident2e

Me again. In the meantime I checked a few things for you. Airevents offers special discounted prices for the flight on Hemus Air on July 23. It was advertised in the special "PEP" section on touristikreport.de (sorry, it's a restricted area). Bookings can be made direct with Airevents. So if you are in any way part of the big travel world and qualify, talk to them. Good luck.

Exotic flying to all of us.
Aviaction
German by nationality, European by heart!

trident2e

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:12 pm

Aviaction - many thanks for your replies. I think I'll give them a go as it's a rare opportunity to get on a 747SP.

MEA-707

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:38 pm

They are good, I flew on some rare airplane types a few times in the last two years. It are airplane enthousiasts like us, professionally organized, friendly and reliable, no hidden tricks or scams. The only risk is when the flight is cancelled they will not be liable for any financial damage you got to get there, but that's only logical, only this way they can keep their overhead and prices acceptible. They had a Li-2 flight cancelled due to bad weather and later the overambitious Boeing 720 flight also didn't materialize.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Leskova

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:47 pm

I've taken one of their flights, it was on 5 May 2002 (YAK 42, Dniproavia, from/to Frankfurt) - it was great.

I'd book another flight with them again right away, if they'd be offering something that I'd really like to do at the moment...
Smile - it confuses people!