Bofredrik
Topic Author

It Could Be Important How You Die In A Aircraft...

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:38 am

The lawyers calculate the compensation for your family that are left behind on how much you had to suffer before the impact and death. It was a program about this on TV here. Did you know that you should die or was it just a big explosion in less than a second? I am thinking of Alaska M80 outside California and TWA800 as two examples... Interesting!

lowrider

RE: It Could Be Important How You Die In A Aircraft...

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:43 am

And to think that the tort reform bill failed. Why would such a brilliant system need reform? Sad that this figures into the calculus of determining the value of a life.
Proud OOTSK member

ssides

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:44 am

The lawyers calculate the compensation for your family that are left behind on how much you had to suffer before the impact and death.

I'm wondering where you got this information. Under the law of wrongful death, this really shouldn't be considered. Wrongful death is not a common law tort in the United States. Most states have statutes defining wrongful death and how it can be compensated. In general, wrongful death is designed to compensate family members, not the deceased. It is supposed to account for lost wages, loss of companionship, etc. Under these standards, it shouldn't matter how a person dies or whether he suffered.

Of course, with a creative plaintiffs' bar like we have in the US, I'm sure lawyers can often pull at juries' heartstrings and get more cash for their clients (and themselves, of course) by calling attention to the suffering. Gotta love the civil justice system in the good ol' USA.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

Blackbird1331

Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:59 am

This is more like an argument between the choice of Heaven and Hell. We send so many to hell that we do not have enough left to lift anyone to heaven. Take a shortcut, get a job.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

jwenting

Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:53 pm

yes, if the lawyers of your next of kin can even let a bit of suspicion that there's some massive government coverup of CIA involvment in the crash or the airline covering up what really happened so they don't look guilty they're set to get a LOAD of money from the lawsuits and press coverage that is sure to follow.

Corpse pickers...
I wish I were flying

Bofredrik
Topic Author

Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:19 pm

This is not a joke. It is not from a dream. If the aircraft you are in for ex fall down from high altitude as Alaska 261 or Korean 007, and you are still alive and awake, should that extra stress give extra compensation say some lawyers who have started calculating on that ground. How the courts will react is not known by me.