kaitak

Frankfurt Observation Deck?

Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:12 am

I know this issue has been raised before and my understanding was that the deck was to close at the end of August. However, going into the "Fascination Airport" part of the airport's website, there was no mention of this? Could they perhaps have seen sense and decided not to close Germany's no1 visitor attraction?

As long as they don't close it before the 30th August, that'll be fine!

ua777222

RE: Frankfurt Observation Deck?

Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:43 am

To my knowledge it will still be closed. I was just there (June 20 - June 27) and it was always in use by many many aviation spotters like the many here on a.net. I think that after it is closed that there will be alot of shouting and maybe it will be under some consideration to being reopened. When I was there there was a front section of some a/c in a blue c/s. Does anyone have any info on this a/c and what it offers to those who want to see it...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael Fritz

View Large View Medium

Photo © David James Clelford

View Large View Medium

Photo © Johan Ljungdahl

View Large View Medium

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

View Large View Medium

Photo © Sam Chui

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter Unmuth - VAP

MANY MANY more great pics from the deck. This is just an idea of what will be missed if it is truly take out.

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."