dfw-man

DFW WEB CAM

Sat Feb 19, 2000 10:04 am

Is there any truth to the rumor that DFW will install a live web cam by runway 35c?If so that would be spectacular.

RE: DFW WEB CAM

Sat Feb 19, 2000 11:56 am

That would be really cool. Does anyone know of a website with links to other airport webcams?

Thanks
VA

Sun Feb 20, 2000 2:56 am

Boy,a cam at DFW. That would make my virtual tower pretty much complete! Anyway, I've got a list of some web cams at airports at "SOCAL Approach". Also, be sure to check out PHX's webcam if you haven't already.

--Tom Heaney
"SOCAL Approach": http://www.ags.uci.edu/~tmheaney/SNA/

Airport Cams?

Sun Feb 20, 2000 3:58 am

Airport Webcams.... What a wonderful concept

Too bad our department only has a few lousy old computers that cannot even use Netscape Plug-Ins....

To be honest, the best webcam I have ever seen was Zurich Kloten, it was fun controling the cams a bit, but that is a while ago and so I have to ask this question: Are there any useful webcams on international airports? Or is all this not really developped yet?

Because if there are such brilliant projects, I will have to envy all those high-speed-internet-connection-users of the world, falling into deep depression and eventually pay (urgh!) for an own internet connection....

Louis

Sun Feb 20, 2000 4:20 am

Holy shit! I never realized DFW was so big! 7 runways! It's gotta be the biggest airport in the states, if not the world (at least that's what this pilot told me).

dfw-man

Sun Feb 20, 2000 4:42 am

they dint come much bigger than DFW the only other american airport that is comparible is the new Denver airport,but DFW handles twice as many operations and pax.There will be an 8th runway within the next 3 years

doug

Sun Feb 20, 2000 4:45 am

makes my hometown airport Miami look very insignificant