uswyjer

USAirways Flight Attendants Agree To Talks

Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:14 am

I think this is fairly good sign. The pilots union agreed to their part of the plan last week, so things may be turning around.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040715/us_airways_union_1.html

-Jeremy

ATL2CDG

RE: USAirways Flight Attendants Agree To Talks

Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:16 am

Management can only squeeze so much blood from a dead animal.

I hope the flight attendants play hardball and try to maintain some of the dignity this profession merits and needs.
Ignorantia juris neminem excusat.

ERJ170

Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:47 am

So throughout all of these rounds of cut the cash, dodge the ball, and shoot the sh@t.. how much has upper management cut from their purses? how many repeatitive or non-essential management positions have been cut or furloughed?
Aiming High and going far..

AirbusDriver

Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:24 am

I'm a uair flight attendant 15 years, and they, (management) can kiss my ass. I'd rather see the company go under than set a precedence and have all the major airlines pay f/a's LLC pay rates. What management is essentially doing is creating a "C" scale. UAir has given away too much money to executives for too long and we, (labor) pay.

SonOfACaptain

Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:37 am

AirbusDriver, you say you are a f/a yet in your profile yet it says you are a pilot. Something is fishy here. And if you are a f/a, WTF are you thinking. If all of US's employees had your attitude, US would already be gone. It is your responsibility as an employee to adjust to the economy, and like it or not, US needs all the help it can get. So learn from the US pilots, and start leading your company.

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

NIKV69

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:06 am

I agree with AirbusDriver, Too long have airlines run themselves into the ground and then turned to the helpless workforce to bail them out. It's the same crap. Ask the pilots for cuts, ask the FAs for cuts, ask for less sick time, less break time less benefits. I mean hell we are setting labor back years! I agree I would rather see them go under. Which is close at hand believe me. If you can't exist and stay loyal to your workers, who happen to be the people that keep the operation running then you don't deserve to be flying!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

ouboy79

Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:14 pm

NIKV agrees with an Anti-US Airways statement...there is a shocker. The statement itself made by supposedly someone who is either a U flight attendant or a pilot in Paris can't be taken seriously.

It is a good sign the F/As are ready to talk...things need to be done in the next 30 to 60 days if U is to survive without massive cutbacks. They want to become a hybrid HP/JBLU airline...we'll see what happens.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos