I noticed in a previous thread that a new member (Ossprey) invited people to invest in a new airline called Winnjet. The website for Winnjet can be found at http://www.winnjet.ca/
. This is definitely a professional looking website, with perhaps an emphasis on tourists, rather than business travelers.
Ossprey claims to be the CEO of the new venture in his profile, so hopefully he can add his two or three cents (which will perhaps grow if his venture succeeds).
My main questions are as follows:
- How will Winnjet differentiate from current or other proposed airlines in Canada?
- What will be the fleet type and size?
- When is the startup date?
- What is the status on attaining an OC, or other regulatory requirements?
- How realistic is the route network to include Europe, the Caribbean, Southern United States, and the Orient in one new airline? Is that too much for a new airline to swallow? Should a new airline perhaps focus on one market before it expands to service other markets?
- Who is the target market?
- What is the main competition for Winnjet?
To conclude, I'd like to offer a warm welcome to Ossprey to airliners.net. And finally, this is my 5,000th post, so I didn't want to waste it on something trivial, as about 4,900 of my posts have been.
I look forward to the replies!
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster