airmale

British Airways Logo Higlights

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:11 pm

Although they show up nice in photos as below, the highlights on the tail design atleast look quite bad in real, I saw a 777 at Islamabad and the plane looked great including the tail, except the highlights marred it, looked like faded or chipped paint from a distance, will they consider painting the logo in one solid shade as in the pre-1984 design.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © John Farrington

.....up there with the best!

trident3

RE: British Airways Logo Higlights

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:22 pm

I think it is done that way to portray the logo as what it is -a flag flying in the breeze.
Agreed it looks funny from close up but it is meant to be viewed from a distance.
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

wolkenridder

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:36 pm

Yer, actually I also realised that once and it doesn't look very nice.
To tell the truth I prefer the previous multi-cultural schemes much more than the Union Flag, but my favourite livery ever was the Landor livery
Let's hope BA will have some "retro-jets" with the Landor scheme soon.

BTW are there still some Landor liveries left? My last time in LHR was in 2001 and there were still some 777s and other few planes with the Landor livery, but of course as you see I haven't been in the UK for ages so can you tell me? Thanks.

Can't wait to see the New Barajas ready

airmale

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:40 pm

it looked bad from a distance, thats when it appeared chipped or faded, up close it was Ok.

trident3

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:48 pm

Perhaps it was chipped or faded! Without starting another Landor v World v Chatham debate again, I like the Chatham scheme it looks fresh and modern but also British
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

airmale

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:51 pm

No it wasnt chiped nor faded, thats why I said that the effect marred the logo which would look better without the highlights, I also prefer Chathm to the rigid and dark Landor scheme.