dakotasport

Skyservice's First Flight....

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:02 am

Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could find the names of the crew that were on the inaugural flight on this airline a mere 10 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated! A320 Reg. C-FTDU

Thanks in advance.

airman99o

RE: Skyservice's First Flight....

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:44 am

Hey there
I could tell you but giving out that information in regards to crew members at the company is not allowed. C-FTDU, Thank god that bird is out of the fleet!! My god it has been ten years. What a party going to be thrown this year  Smile Our first flight went to Nassau, From what I hear the way they did the service back in the day was something else. all hand delivered choice of meal, free pour wine, free booze, hot towels, bar upon bar, clean up and land. MY GOD how the times have changed from then!!

airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

RE: Skyservice's First Flight....

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:51 am

A good friend of mine from my WG days was a flight attendant on the very first Skyservice flight way back in 1994. (God, 10 years ago....it flies). Two other ex-WG FA's were also cabin crew on that flight. These 3 gals are still with the carrier; two are in-charges, one is FA seniority #1.

"From what I hear the way they did the service back in the day was something else. all hand delivered choice of meal, free pour wine, free booze, hot towels, bar upon bar, clean up and land."

Indeed. My friend, whom I'll call "Ms. LaWanda Lovejoy", has said that the initial Skyservice flights were hard work, service wise, but were also very rewarding in regards to pax feedback and satisfaction. Many components of the in-flight service were taken from Wardair, as initially there were a handful of ex WD personnel who joined Skyservice in the beginning (cabin services).
Even the pax themselves compared Skyservice to Wardair in the first year or so of operation (although in reality, the WD product was superior), as it would have been only 5 years since WD went bye-bye, and memories were fresh and sharp.

The ex WG FA's were not at all alienated by the initial Skyservice cabin service policies/procedures, as WG itself had the same (if not more) volume of
service offered aboard its flights when in operation. These FA's had a brief
reunion with the initial upgraded services when Rootsair came into its short existence.

MY GOD how the times have changed from then!!

You should speak with the initial Skyservice FA's, who will tell you first hand how they feel about the standards in 2004. On the one hand, they more than understand the current economic (civil aviation) climate, and the neccesity of cost cutting, etc., but they feel Skyservice has compromised too much over the years re service and has tarnished the name (in their opinion).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos