N328KF
Topic Author

Sukhoi/Boeing RRJ Launched

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:44 am

http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/07/1090229903.html

How much influence does Boeing have on this project? Any cockpit commonality with other Boeing products?

[Edited 2004-07-19 19:45:15]
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

OD720

RE: Sukhoi/Boeing RRJ Launched

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:01 am

That's a major order and a great boost from Sibir. I hope that 50 planes order will become official in the next few days.

The plane will not have any cockpit commonality with existing Boeing products, unless Boeing plans further involvement in the project which is quite unlikely.

Greg

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:44 am

Boeing is doing the project management....I believe that is their primarily, if only, function.

OD720

Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:09 pm

Yes Greg, that is right.

By the way, I just read today that a contract is yet to be signed.

StearmanNut

Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:54 am

Boeing can't help anybody build ARJ's in the USA? Currently, there are none produced within the US borders.

Very funny when the present American commercial aircraft production market is severely threatened by the Airbus Industrie conglomerate which is heavily subsidized by the British, German, Italian, and French governments.
If wishes were horses, a Tail Dragger I would fly...

N328KF
Topic Author

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:46 am

Uh, aren't some of the Bombardier aircraft built in Wichita?
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

whitehatter

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:52 am

Stearmannut

Repeating the same old subsidy rubbish over and over again doesn't make it true. Read the other threads and get an education.

Boeing is working in partnership in Russia because it's a GLOBAL economy. There is demand there, and it'll earn Boeing revenues. The 'working together' strategy and Boeing project management excellence is just as saleable as an aircraft.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

planemaker

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:58 am

No RJs assembled in Wichita though BBD does all the flight testing there. Only the Lears are assembled in Wichita.

BTW, people should stop thinking along nationalistic lines as the Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer all source their components globally. As was quoted in the press yesterday: "The A380 with GE/PW engines will have 50% American content, and the 7E7 will have 35% American content -- which is the American aircraft?"
Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. - A. Einstein

TripleDelta
Crew

Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:37 am

Planemaker is right. Most parts for commercial aircraft of any type are manufactured around the globe, so the only thing that really ties them to a specific nation is the "top" manufacturer, the one who markets the plane - Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and the like. As planes become increasingly sophisticated, construction of complex individual parts is best left to the professionals in that field - and those do not necessarily have to be from the same country. The ones offering best performance for the lowest price are awarded the contract - for money does not know borders, or colors, or nationalities.

Imagine just what would happen if say Boeing or Airbus started making their own engines instead of buying them from GE, CFM, P&W or RR. It would be doubtful if their airliners would even be able to get off the ground.  Smile
No plane, no gain.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos