I have a very odd interest in the arming and disarming of doors. I know two, one from a Canadian 767 Flight Attendant Home Review tape I got on eBay, and one from watching a flight attendant.
1. Lift the plastic cover.
2. Press the yellow button on the side of the box, and slide the handle down.
3. Shut the plastic cover.
4. Verify the door is disarmed by the absence of both the emergency placard and the girt bar lockdown indicators.
1. Close the door and lock it, by pull down on the rotating arm.
2. Lift the plastic cover.
3. Push the handle up.
4. Shut the plastic cover,
5. Verify the door is armed by the emergency placard the the red girt bard lockdown indicators.
1. Remove the strip from the window.
2. Pull the handle to the right until the placard says "Disarmed".
1. Put the strip in front of the window.
2. Pull the handle to the left until the placard says "Armed".
Does any one else know how to arm/disarm different doors. I understand MD
-80s, 717s, DC-9s, 727s and 737s have a piece of cloth that connects to the door. I'm especially interested in the Airbuses (those doors look complicated) and the 747s and 777s.
Edit: Had the 767 handle positions mixed up.
[Edited 2004-07-19 20:43:11]