SafetyDude
Topic Author

Question Regarding Aerolineas/The Amazing Race

Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:23 pm

I just saw tonight's episode of The Amazing Race and one of the flights that brought them to their next destination was an Aerolineas 737, but (even from my split-second look) the seats looked just like AA's. They had the same seat cover style and headrests that "bend". Is this true or did I not get a good enough view?

Thanks.  Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

UALFAson

RE: Question Regarding Aerolineas/The Amazing Race

Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:43 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. But if I'm not mistaken, all the people on that same flight managed to have different seat covers.

You sometimes have to take certain liberties in editing and use whatever video you have (I work in television). They probably didn't get usuable footage of EVERY team on EVERY flight, so they stick in whatever shots they have and figure that very, very, very few people will notice that ONE team was in the wrong seats.

We're such airline nerds on this forum  Smile
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

SafetyDude
Topic Author

RE: Question Regarding Aerolineas/The Amazing Race

Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:07 pm

You sometimes have to take certain liberties in editing and use whatever video you have (I work in television). They probably didn't get usuable footage of EVERY team on EVERY flight, so they stick in whatever shots they have and figure that very, very, very few people will notice that ONE team was in the wrong seats.
I was wondering if Aerolineas did in fact have AA seats or seat covers. While some of the teams did fly an AA 777 from LAX-MIA and connected for a flight down to South America, I doubt that the same footage would be used, and the Aerolineas plane was definitely a 737, not a 777.

Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"