airplanetire

Delta Gets Pilot Wage Concessions

Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:19 pm

Finally it seems that Delta's losses have gotten through to the pilots. I can't give you a detailed report on this, but here is the very basic description I just hear on NPR: Delta's pilots have agreed to take pay cuts of 23%, as well as renegotiate some of their work and productivity rules in the contract. Sorry that is so brief, but it was just a short description on the radio.

-Airplanetire

skyhawk

RE: Delta Gets Pilot Wage Concessions

Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:38 pm

I just checked on the "Delta Net", a site reserved for Delta employees and their families, and at this point nothing has been posted concerning this. If something shows up later today, I'll be sure to let you know.

luv2fly

Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:42 pm

I have checked CNN and other news site and nothing. Could it be a report that the 23% is what has so far been agreed to?
You can cut the irony with a knife

FlyPNS1

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:03 pm

This is a good first step, but there's likely a long way to go. The two sides will now have to sit down and began really negotiating. I expect DL management is going to want more than the 700 million that DALPA is offering.

Even once a tentative deal is reached, it still has to be voted on by all the DL pilots. It's hard to judge how each pilot individually will vote. The threat of bankruptcy should theoretically encourage most pilots to approve the concessions...but you never know.

B747-437B

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:04 pm

Nobody has agreed to anything. The pilots have simply agreed to offer 23%, but that is too little too late. If Delta can hold out till the collective agreement becomes amendable, we are going to see a labor battle without precedent between management and DALPA. I hope all the wannabe scabs are keeping their ratings current, 'cos there is gonna be lots of flying available if they want it.

[Edited 2004-07-21 15:13:44]
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

Lono

Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:14 am

... DL told them months ago they needed 30%... and since then they said that the original 30% amount will not be enough... this is a bandaid approach from the pilot group...
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

dl021

Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:24 am

The pilots seem to think that business as usual is the order of the day and are making either an initial offer to get the ball rolling or they are making an untenable offer for PR value. I guess we will see soon which it is.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos