ExpressJet_ERJ
Topic Author

Piedmont CRJs?

Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:40 pm

I was browsing through the latest issue of Airliner World magazine (I think that's the name) when I noticed two ex-Piedmont Dash 8-200s were delivered to HP Express, under Mesa. So, I looked under Piedmont, to see if they took on any orders. Sure enough, for the month of July they acquired two CRJs. I believe the registrations were N230PS and N237PS. At first I thought this was a mistake, I know PSA is getting 60 of them, and the regs end with PS or JS. I looked under PSA, and they had about 5 orders. Is it possible there will be another USX consolidation, like ALO and Piedmont? Just with PSA into Piedmont? I know there was some talk about getting rid of PSA. Or is Piedmont going to be flying CRJs? Thanks.
ETOPS...Engines Turn Or People Swim

freshlove1

RE: Piedmont CRJs?

Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:45 pm

N230PS and N237PS are PSA aircraft..Piedmont is strictly a DASH-8 carrier and will be for some time now that they aquired Allegheney. If anything PSA would be sold, I know Mesa would love to get their hands on all those CRJ's that PSA is supposed to get.

vatveng

Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:37 pm

PHF - Newport News/Williamsburg is served by US Express/Piedmont. PSA and Allegheny do not fly here. But recently PHF's website has a graphic that says "Welcome US Airways Express Regional Jets". That means that either PSA is going to start flying to PHF or Piedmont has picked up some CRJs.

freshlove1

Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:23 am

I just talked to some people at work today and PSA is the only wholly owned carrier for US that has any RJ's. Piedmont/Allegheny operate DASH-8's only and MidAtlantic operates the EMB-170. It is possible that PSA may fly there (PHF), or it could be Mesa or Trans States or maybe even Chautauqua with their RJ's. US does a lot of route switching with the Express Carriers, one month it will be Trans States flying it with their RJ's and the next month it will be Mesa with theirs, but its still US Express.

N766UA

Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:48 am

I find it interesting that Mid-Atlantic exists really in name only. The aircraft are flown by furloughed USAirways crews, the data strips use "USXXX" as flight numbers, and their callsign is "USAir."
This Website Censors Me

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:35 am

It's all about appeasing the unions, N766UA. We'll save my speech on how horrid unions are for the Non-Av forum.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos