BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Will Song Ever Serve MSY?

Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:19 pm

I figure if they are "trying" to compete with jetBlue, do you think Song will ever do MSY-JFK-MSY with 1-2 flights a day. I figure Delta could eliminate that service, and put Song in its place. whats up with that?
Puhdiddle

srbmod

RE: Will Song Ever Serve MSY?

Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:07 am

I would be extremely surprised if Song adds anymore cities. I would be surprised if Song was not in the process of being phased out by the end of the year. I think the Song experiment (as well as DL's experiment on some routes using redeployed Shuttle a/c still in Shuttle setup) will be some of the basis for a retooled Delta. Delta may launch JFK-MSY as a future mainline route, as they are considering more and more flights that don't go through ATL or CVG. Note I said mainline, as Grinstein is looking to put the RJs on flights under 2 hours.

ConcordeBoy

RE: Will Song Ever Serve MSY?

Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:56 am

Song's 2nd phase of expansion was to be to Southern cities, before it was indefinitely halted. If it ever were to continue, they more than likely will serve MSY.... though we have been gaining quite a big of additional New York traffic as is (AA, CO, and B6 have all added flights)

Delta may launch JFK-MSY

...for the 3rd time
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!