juanchie

Experiencing Dry Runs?

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:41 am

I like millions of other have read the account of the 14 syrians on the northwest plane, but i could care less about the countless racist comments or so forth. This post is not to validate the story either. All I want to know is if any pilots out there can validatethe quotes in part II of the story where more than one pilot said that dry runs were actually occuring all the time? Now, personally, I cant imagine it being commonplace without the media picking it up but that why I am going to the source, the pilots?

Any comments welcome,

Juan Carlos
God, forgive me for who I am, and help me be the man I want to be.

B747-437B

RE: Experiencing Dry Runs?

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:44 am

one pilot said that dry runs were actually occuring all the time

He must have lots of India layovers. Big grin

Delhi-belly is a problem this time of year....
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

SafetyDude

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:56 am

Could someone clarify "dry runs"?

Thanks.  Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

garnetpalmetto

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:49 am

Well, aside from the definition provided by Mendis, the overly suspicious, racist busybody...errr...author of the Women's Wall Street article means "dry run" to mean a dress rehearsal or practice attempt, in this case at another hijacking.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

FLY777UAL

Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:03 am

Without going into details, the regulatory authorities have issued several security bulletins to the airlines (which were never made public) over the past few months (even before the stories were published) about things like this. Furthermore, it is commonly known (and has been publicly stated by FBI, etc.) that this is exactly how Al Qaeda runs their operations.

After months of bitching by the people on airwhiners.net, I hope it is finally evident to people as to why there is to be no congregating near the lavatories or anywhere onboard the aircraft...

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos