TLHFLA
Topic Author

TLH After AirTran

Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:22 pm

There was an interesting article about AirTran's departure from TLH in Sunday's Tallahassee Democrat:

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/9236932.htm

I especially like the part where USAirways commented that they contacted the City stating that they will re-structure their fares to/from TLH. Sure they will! I am sure under the new plan TLH-WAS advanced purchase fares will be $500 instead of $250.

I hope fares stay reasonable to/from TLH. I have lived here for six years and before AirTran came to town, fares were through the roof.

Delta has been flying 738s in here from ATL. I wonder if those will continue or if they will be downgraded to MD88s.

Bill in ATL

aa757first

RE: TLH After AirTran

Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:03 pm

Sure they will! I am sure under the new plan TLH-WAS advanced purchase fares will be $500 instead of $250.

They are probably talking about GoFare'ing the city. GoFares are very well priced. Well, for the passenger, not US.

AAndrew

727LOVER

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:16 pm

Delta has been flying 738s in here from ATL. I wonder if those will continue or if they will be downgraded to MD88s.

Why do you consider changing a 738 to an M80 a downgrade? There's not that much of a seating difference.  Confused
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

PHLBOS

Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:52 pm

Sure they will! I am sure under the new plan TLH-WAS advanced purchase fares will be $500 instead of $250.

They are probably talking about GoFare'ing the city. GoFares are very well priced. Well, for the passenger, not US.

Again, if a US route has no competition (mainly from a LCC); GoFares will NOT apply.
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

TLHFLA
Topic Author

Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:24 pm

Why do you consider changing a 738 to an M80 a downgrade? There's not that much of a seating difference

There really isn't a tremendous difference in terms of seating, but DL has been using the ex-Shuttle 738s which have really nice interiors and extra legroom. The 738 just seems like a more comfortable plane than the MD88. However, the flight from TLH to ATL is so short that I guess it really doesn't matter too much.
Bill in ATL

FlyPNS1

Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:28 pm

Depending on how much DL raises fares and how much traffic declines, I imagine TLH will see a reduction in DL mainline service to TLH. Keep in mind that DL added mainline flights to compete with Airtran. With Airtran gone, I can see a few of those flights going elsewhere.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos