Bobs89irocz
Topic Author

Grants For A&P/ATC/Flight Training?

Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:38 pm

I work at an awsome FBO at RFD as a feuler and working on instrument rating at the moment. Im about to start school in Aug. for my A&P. I still think everyday about joining the Air Force or ANG for ATC or as a mechanic till i have my BA. However im not to committed to joing the military at the time (personal reasons) not because of whats going on right now, i have no problems serving my country if needed to.

Does anyone know where/how to get grants/scholarships for A&P students, ATC students, flight training students? Any help in one of these fields would be awsome. I have looked on Fastweb.com and have found a few grants for A&P students but was currious of other sites and other grants in other fields of aviation. Thanks for the help.

AirframeAS

RE: Grants For A&P/ATC/Flight Training?

Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:49 pm

I applied for a scholarship for my A&P training at my local college. The Boeing Co. was offering 5 scholarships for the school Im attending to. I should hear on Aug 21st if I got one of them or not. Im not holding my breath or anything. So my hopes are not that high up.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

planespotting

Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:33 pm

Good luck doode! hope you get it!
Do you like movies about gladiators?

Bobs89irocz
Topic Author

Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:09 pm

Anyone else, im sure a few of you have found other grants, scholarships for your training. Im looking into this fastweb.com.

I have found a few websites that you have to pay money to join and they say your garenteed $25,000 in grant money. I dont know about that has anyone tryed it or know anyone that has? I dont have much money so i dont want to waste on something that was a trap. Thanks for the help guys.

AirframeAS

Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:02 pm

Ehhh, Im not putting my hopes on the Boeing grant anyway although it would be nice if I was awarded one of the 5. Im already fully funded for the entire program anyhow so its not a financial problem for me. Im all set and ready to go  Big thumbs up
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.