milski

Getting A Window Seat On NW

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:41 am

I'm flying SEA-AMS on 8/12, I already spoke on the phone to NW and they had only isle seats available but told me to try again on check-in. Do I have better chances getting a window seat by going really early from the agent at the counter or from the one at the gate?

luv2fly

RE: Getting A Window Seat On NW

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:44 am

Check in on line starts 24 hours prior to departure and you can earn bonus miles.....

Check in when it's convenient for you- up to 24 hours before your flight!

You can cut the irony with a knife

milski

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:50 am

I'll try the online checkin but I was able to get better seats before from the gate agents even though the online checkin showed only B/E seats on a narrow body. I guess I was just curious how and when they had become available.

PA110

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:50 am

There are seats held for airport assignment, that can not be given out ahead of time. Also, there are inevitably a few frequent flyer upgrades that also might dislodge a few more seats. Check in early. If not available at the counter, try again at the gate. You'll probably get it.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

SafetyDude

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:52 am

NW (annoyingly) blocks quite a few rows of seats for its Elite members, and they are now only released at check-in at the airport, and not during the on-line check-in as they used to be.

My advice, keep checking, but your best bet would be to show up early.

Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

FlyGuyClt

Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:10 am

Trust me on this one. You can always trade an aisle for a window on board the airplane. Always! Try to make sure you get seat "B" or "H" as they are the aisles on the two seat side of the DC10.

Safe Flying  Smile

Thanks for flying NWA ! ! !
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

trickijedi

Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:29 am

Depending on your flight's load, you should be able to get a window seat due to blocks instituted by NW until time of check-in. Get there early, put in your request and I'm sure the gate agents will do their best to accomodate it.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!