IMO a win-win situation is possible for close cooperation between bombardier & Airbus on the C-series.
The new C-series would fit in below Airbus single aisles 320 series.
The "competing" Airbus A318 will probably remain a niche product, not much lost if they sell a few less.
Benefits could be :
- Joint Marketing & Sales
- EADS to share in investments.
- Full C-series/A320 series cockpit commonality (selling point vs Embraer)
- World wide product support
- Bombardier taking advantage of advanced Airbus design/engineering capasity to speed up introduction.
- Reciprocal outsourcing specialized production to reduce investments
What do you think ?
(Language won't be a problem )