komododx

LHR Question

Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:16 pm

Hey all how are you? Well I'm completing the last few legs of my trip in Europe. I'll be in LHR next friday night, then leave on sunday to GVA for four days, then back to MIA via LHR. I have two pieces of luggage, one is pretty big, so I was wondering, since I've been told there are no lockers anymore in LHR, is there any other way I can leave my big suitcase there while I go to GVA for 3 days? Thanks in advance!

KdX in TLH/DUB
I'm homeless and unemployed

madness

RE: LHR Question

Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:37 pm

Theres not no, unless you ask your hotel to look after it for you.
There is no longer any provision at LHR for unaccompanies/unsupervised luggage due to the increased security threat; so you may well have to lug it around with you!

geoffm

Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:37 pm

One suggestion, since I don't know about LHR: left luggage office at Paddington railway station, 15 minute journey direct from LHR.

Geoff M.

flylondon

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:25 am

There are no lockers at any airport or rail stations (there aren't even rubbish bins to stop people planting bombs.) There are however over the counter left luggage facilities at each Heathrow terminal and at Central London train stations.

This link gives the details of all luggage facilities:
http://www1.visitbritain.com/VB3-en-US/transport/gettingaround/usefultips/leftluggage.aspx

BCAInfoSys

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:30 am

We used the left luggage facilities at T1 to hold our things while we went into London for the day. It's a little spendy, something like 3-4 pounds per piece, but it's not too bad. A little hard to find, but it's pretty painless and easy to use. So yeah, follow the link FlyLondon provided or do a Google search for "Heathrow Left Luggage". You'll be fine. Enjoy your trip!  Smile
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

aa777jr

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:31 am

Thought LHR stilled used the over the counter check in where they screen your luggage and store for you, was there last summer and had to spend night and can remember paying to store my luggage. Cheers.
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

SafetyDude

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:44 am

I used the Left Luggage at T4 at LHR and it was quick and easy to do.

Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

jsnww81

Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:54 am

The left luggage facilities are great. It does cost a little bit of money, and you have to wait while your bags are scanned (a good idea, IMHO), but then you're free to explore LHR unencumbered by luggage.

I don't understand why airports (in the US and Europe) no longer provide storage lockers INSIDE the secure area. If your bags have already been scanned, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Leezyjet

Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:54 am

Ignore the posts saying that there are no left luggage facilities at LHR, it's total and utter rubbish - (once again people posting wrong answers to questions they know nothing about just for the sake of posting  Nuts ).

There are no lockers, but there are left luggage facilities in EVERY terminal at LHR. In T3, it is in the arrivals hall, in T1, it is half way down some stairs between the check-in level and the international arrivals level. In T4, it is in the arrivals area, and in T2, it's in the check-in hall by the LH desks.

The x-ray your lugagge before they take it off you though.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"