expressjetphx

A Few Questions About JFK...

Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:51 am

First, in pictures of JFKs terminal 4 before the remodel, large, concrete-enclosed jetways can be seen at almost every gate. It seems that they would be standard over-the-wing boarding bridges, but I have never seen them being used, in a picture or in real life. They appear to be too high to be used with any aircraft. Any info is appreciated. Pictures are below:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andy Jung
View Large View Medium

Photo © Joe Pries - A.T. TEAM

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mick Bajcar
View Large View Medium

Photo © Ken Rose

View Large View Medium

Photo © Howard Chaloner
View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Also, I have been wanting to board/deplane using a Plane-Mate at JFK. Can anyone tell me which airlines most often utilize remote stands and plane-mates? When I was at JFK a few years ago, all MALEV flights were out of the Delta terminal 2, and they all used plane-mates, but MALEV has since moved to the IAB. I know that Dulles uses them also, and I recently spotted them in Atlanta-Hartsfield, but they weren't being used. Again, any info is appreciated.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Patrick Hakes

I can't find anymore photos on the database right now but the website of the manufacturer is:

http://www.accessairsystems.com/products.html and click 'Plane-mate' for more info.

Thanks in advance to anyone with info.

Chris

AEROFAN

RE: A Few Questions About JFK...

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:13 pm

I have used the plane mates when flying TWA . Not aware of any airlines that currently use them, post TWA's disappearance

SafetyDude

RE: A Few Questions About JFK...

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:39 pm

Also, I have been wanting to board/deplane using a Plane-Mate at JFK. Can anyone tell me which airlines most often utilize remote stands and plane-mates? When I was at JFK a few years ago, all MALEV flights were out of the Delta terminal 2, and they all used plane-mates, but MALEV has since moved to the IAB. I know that Dulles uses them also, and I recently spotted them in Atlanta-Hartsfield, but they weren't being used. Again, any info is appreciated.

I have never used them at JFK, and I have not seen one being used for quite a few years.

They all get parked near the taxiway by T4, and I every time I see them, they are always in the same place.

It is quite funny to see the modern glass-T4 and then these '80s Plane-Mate things!  Laugh out loud

-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"