expressjetphx

A Few Questions About JFK...

Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:51 am

First, in pictures of JFKs terminal 4 before the remodel, large, concrete-enclosed jetways can be seen at almost every gate. It seems that they would be standard over-the-wing boarding bridges, but I have never seen them being used, in a picture or in real life. They appear to be too high to be used with any aircraft. Any info is appreciated. Pictures are below:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andy Jung
View Large View Medium

Photo © Joe Pries - A.T. TEAM

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mick Bajcar
View Large View Medium

Photo © Ken Rose

View Large View Medium

Photo © Howard Chaloner
View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Also, I have been wanting to board/deplane using a Plane-Mate at JFK. Can anyone tell me which airlines most often utilize remote stands and plane-mates? When I was at JFK a few years ago, all MALEV flights were out of the Delta terminal 2, and they all used plane-mates, but MALEV has since moved to the IAB. I know that Dulles uses them also, and I recently spotted them in Atlanta-Hartsfield, but they weren't being used. Again, any info is appreciated.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Patrick Hakes

I can't find anymore photos on the database right now but the website of the manufacturer is:

http://www.accessairsystems.com/products.html and click 'Plane-mate' for more info.

Thanks in advance to anyone with info.

Chris

AEROFAN

RE: A Few Questions About JFK...

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:13 pm

I have used the plane mates when flying TWA . Not aware of any airlines that currently use them, post TWA's disappearance

SafetyDude

RE: A Few Questions About JFK...

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:39 pm

Also, I have been wanting to board/deplane using a Plane-Mate at JFK. Can anyone tell me which airlines most often utilize remote stands and plane-mates? When I was at JFK a few years ago, all MALEV flights were out of the Delta terminal 2, and they all used plane-mates, but MALEV has since moved to the IAB. I know that Dulles uses them also, and I recently spotted them in Atlanta-Hartsfield, but they weren't being used. Again, any info is appreciated.

I have never used them at JFK, and I have not seen one being used for quite a few years.

They all get parked near the taxiway by T4, and I every time I see them, they are always in the same place.

It is quite funny to see the modern glass-T4 and then these '80s Plane-Mate things!  Laugh out loud

-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos