knoxibus

New Irish Charter

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:53 pm

Just for info, I did a quick search on the forum and could not find a thing so here it is.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence
A new start up in Ireland, Eirjet, plans to apply for Air Operator’s Certificate within the Irish aviation authorities and to use a fleet of A320s to launch charter flight from December this year from Dublin to holiday resorts in Turkey, North Africa and Mediterranean. Eirjet has been launched by Irish investors.

No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.

TS-IOR

RE: New Irish Charter

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:44 pm

Welcome to EIRJET on the Tunisian skies !!! Aer Lingus stopped its charter services to Monastir and only NOUVELAIR is on the market now. A new logo would a plus at MIR,TUN,DJE,or TBJ.

wgw2707

Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:12 pm

Hopefully it will last longer than jetGreen. Big grin

At least the name is original. Should be interesting to see if this is a success. Lately the Irish airline industry has brought forth nothing but a depressing stream of failures, such as jetMagic. It seems no one can get established against the might of Ryanair and the international connections of Aer Lingus.  Sad

-WGW2707

babybus

Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:31 pm

It sure seems the case that Ireland has the bottle to create new airlines even though many of them don't last long. I am always suspicious of airlines that plan to start their operations in winter, a time when there is little profit and low loads.

If Ireland is such a fertile area for airline operations, why is it that FR and Aer Lingus aren't exploiting that market more? The routes suggested aren't niche markets so anyone can have a go.

Ireland has a booming economy so FR and EI should be in there coining it in and not allowing new start ups like this. In the UK BMI do a lot of charter work and places like Izmir and Dalaman would suit FR as Istanbul (South).
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

ei2ksea

Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:29 pm

"If Ireland is such a fertile area for airline operations, why is it that FR and Aer Lingus aren't exploiting that market more?"

I would definitely contend that EI have exploited most new routes availiable out of Ireland to Spain/Portugal/Italy/Croatia at least. On the point of "not alowing startups like this" - c'mon it is a (relatively) free market! - anyone can have a try if they have the gaul and money to back it up, but realistically I cant say the future looks terribly green for Eirjet. After the fiasco's with jetMagic, jetGreen and previously the collapse of one time success TransAer, the Irish market is quite small for charters unless they go for the AirAtlanta type market as Transaer once did (apparently the Kosovo war was their death knell). Looking at it, I dont really see how this company could keep even one aircraft flying exclusively on irish charters without trying to tap some of the UK also. Aer Lingus and Ryanair do undertake holiday charter flights when crewing/aircraft availiability allows, althought this isnt as oftain perhaps as some other companies.

Regards
Ph
Next Flight: DUB-BOS (EI), BOS-DEN-PDX (SWA), SEA-BOS (AS)

Invictus

Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:40 pm

Having asked loads of questions of people in the financing and speculative capital industry, the following is my defenition of Eirjet.

Eirjet: Another money cleaning exercise which will no doubt, bankrupt or ruin hundreds of aviation families. Shame on them all!  Angry
The captain of my soul.

jmc757

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:01 am

They have a website! http://www.eirjet.com. Dont get too excited folks Big grin

ei2ksea

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:04 am

The name Michael Minogue on the website - was he involved with Skynet or am i gone daft??? it sounds familiar for some reason.

Maybe this is the second attempt at an airline by the Skynet team?
Next Flight: DUB-BOS (EI), BOS-DEN-PDX (SWA), SEA-BOS (AS)

SunCEO

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:36 am

Michael Minougue was involved with Skynet aswell!
Speaking of which what happened to their proposal of a new service (Skynet that is) in co op with Pulkovo Aviation?

SunCEO

greenjet

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:16 am

I think Michael Minogue was also at Virgin Express (Ireland).