UN_B732
Topic Author

Courtyard JFK Has A Semi-airport View.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:05 pm

Anyone who flies in/out of JFK knows there's that big building visible when your on Rwy 13? Correct me if I'm wrong.
But anyway, the Courtyard.. while it's not the former Travelodge, has somewhat of a view at the airport. The room we had showed us the airport but I had to tilt to the right to make out the tails. I'm assuming if you were further to the right on the floor. Like had top floor Corner, depending on the window locations you'd be golden for a good airport view.
I know there was a thread about hotels, but noone mentioned the Courtyard.
-Mr. X
What now?

AMS

RE: Courtyard JFK Has A Semi-airport View.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Yes, Which hotels at JFK airport offer good views over the Airport?

I know there is a Holiday-inn, Ramada,and Courtyard close or at JFK.

Regards,
AMS

STT757

Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:12 am

One thing about JFK, it probably has the worst airport hotels and the fewest of an airport it's size in the Western World.

The Ramada is the closest to the Central Terminals but it's still kind of far, it's also pretty bad. The rooms are terribly antiquated and the views are horrible, unless you like looking at the Jamaica Queens Sewage treatment plant (smells bad too).

The other airport hotels are too far from the Terminals, also would not recommend walking around after dark.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

AMS

Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:11 am

One thing about JFK, it probably has the worst airport hotels and the fewest of an airport it's size in the Western World.

Yes, most hotels around JFK airport look a little bit Shabby to me. Also I believe a new holiday inn express opened some time ago.

Any people recommend any good JFK hotel?

Regards,
AMS