RedAirForce
Topic Author

Aer Lingus

Thu Feb 24, 2000 10:30 am

How is Aer Lingus? My mother just came back from a bad trip with them. First, they cancelled the flight from JFK to Shannon at midnight, then when it came time to board the next day they only had one boarding officer ( for an A330!). On the way back one member of the tour cancelled their ticket to stay an extr day and Aer Lingus cancelled all 80 group members tickets! They finally got home tonight.Anyway, is Aer Lingus that bad?

Also, how common are major European Airlines just cancelling their trans Atlantic flights?

EI133

RE: Aer Lingus

Thu Feb 24, 2000 10:45 am

I flew on Aer Lingus for three years and I always found them good.I flew transatlantic with them and it was great.Their in flight service is excellent as is their safety record What happened with your Mother is unfortunate though.

kaitak

Thu Feb 24, 2000 9:09 pm

This is appalling and very unlike Aer Lingus. I suggest you write to their Corporate Communications Dept and give them a good ticking off - and make sure they give you/your relative some form of compensation.

teahan

Fri Feb 25, 2000 5:15 am

Aer Lingus have often dissapointed me. On a 50min Kerry-Dublin flight they only serve an orange juice. On a 2 hour Dublin-Zrh they only serve a sandwich. Swissair on 25 minute Geneva-Zrh flight serve a larege drink, peanuts and a chocolate. Aer Linguse's service has gone down the drain. I will give you more details tomorow as my mother is flying Dublin-Brussels.
Jeremiah Teahan
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

dstc47

Fri Feb 25, 2000 6:22 am

That experience is unusually bad and untypical.

I do agree that Aer Lingus food service in business class leaves a lot to be desired, every time the portion gets smaller and smaller. They have also stopped serving champagne in business class, a somewhat strange response to intensified competition, especially from Sabena on the Brussels route.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos