VSlover

BA DEN-LHR Question RE: Seating

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:36 am

Hi all-

I have to book a ticket for my sister to come with me to LHR later in the month. I tried on ba.com to book a first class tix DEN-LHR, but it wont let me. Is the only thing available on the DEN-LHR non-stop club world?

I'm not really up on BA, since I'm a Virgin and all...I'd book her through NYC, the stop over is not an option (time reasons) even though she could fly with me from JFK-LHR on VS.

thanks for the help!

[Edited 2004-08-12 22:37:43]

geoffm

RE: BA DEN-LHR Question RE: Seating

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:40 am

Speaking as of May last year (out of date perhaps), Club World was indeed the top service. It was also on one of the "unconverted" routes. You remember those "flat bed" ads? Well, they didn't apply to this route at that time... still, can't complain since I got upgraded for free!

Geoff M.

VSlover

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:43 am

thanks! i'm wondering because according to ba.com and also last time i was home in may visiting the parents, i saw a story about ba bringing out the new flat seats in biz (complete with a pic of elway trying it out-haha), so i assumed first would be in there too.

though i'm sure its not a high-yield route, making sense they would do away with the first class.

star_world

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:47 am

Correct, there is no F on this route, only World Traveller, World Traveller+ and Club World.

SafetyDude

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:50 am

Well, you could fly her out to SFO or LAX and then put her on VS, or fly her in to NYC (that is what I would go for).

Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

VSlover

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:54 am

i know, i'd prefer her coming to nyc and flying with me on VS. but she doesnt have the time to make the "extra" flight to nyc. nor is she a fan of the club world beds, which is why i wondered about F.

thanks all for the info!

SafetyDude

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:03 am

i know, i'd prefer her coming to nyc and flying with me on VS. but she doesnt have the time to make the "extra" flight to nyc
If she is younger than you, you could tell her to take what you give her or she has to pay for her own ticket.  Big grin

Seriosuly, though, flying to JFK (or, heck, SFO or LAX) would only be about eight extra hours.

Smile
Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

VSlover

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:05 am

haha, doesnt work so well with an older sister!

nah, i'm making her come out with me to the UK to check something out with me, but her job makes is extremely difficult for her to get away, hence the only option was a non-stop flight (and i have to split the price of her ticket with her--still getting bullied after 25 years!).