QantasffCL
Topic Author

SYD-LHR-SYD BA/QF?

Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:18 pm

Hi,

If I was to fly with 3 other adults, Sydney to London to Sydney, I have some questions that you may be able to answer:
*Is it true you can't exit the plane in Bangkok
*Is Syd-LHR (via Bkk or Sin) markets where you can pay for an upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy or Club World
*Is LHR-Syd (via Bkk or Sin) markets where you can pay for an upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy or Club World

Thank You,

United Airline

RE: SYD-LHR-SYD BA/QF?

Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:22 pm

I think you can exit the plane. Coz the plane stops in Bangkok and passengers going to Bangkok disembark from the plane.

RAAFController

Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:09 pm

QantasffCL,

From my experience in the SYD-LHR rtn flights you can always exit the plane in either SIN or BKK. In fact on QF it is NOT an option, all PAX MUST disembark for approx 1 hr during refueling and cleaning. I am fairly sure that BA is no different. (Last flight I took was BA in early Jun and PAX had to disembark in BKK, QF via SIN was the same).

At present QF do not offer a "premium economy" on that route, only BA do in WT+. That might be something to consider. Both airlines are very similar otherwise and it comes down to personal preference as to which you fly.

geoffm

Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:41 pm

I know for a fact you CAN disembark in SIN, but am less sure about whether you can in BKK. When I do that route next year I plan a stopover for a few days, maybe SIN out and BKK back. 24 hours in a plane is just a bit too much for me - unless I was in 1st class!

There isn't much difference between QF and BA, but I prefer the former from experience. Just that slight edge I feel.

Geoff M.

kl713

Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm

My mom and sister travelled FRA-SIN-SYD return 2 months ago, and had to disembark @ SIN in both directions because of the cleaning and refueling stated earlier in this topic. For about 1 hour.

I travelled on the SYD-BKK segment of QF1 2 weeks ago, everyone had to disembark the aircraft because of cleaning and refueling, I had to leave this flight anyway, since BKK was my final destination...

regards,

Big grin
732 733 734 73G 738 739 742 743 744 752 763 77E 773 77W 319 320 332 333 343 388 M11 146 DH4

QantasffCL
Topic Author

Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:38 pm

Thank You everyone for your help! Could I please ask though, do any of you know whether the "Kangaroo" flights are eligable for BA paid upgrade? Is that route applicable?

Thank you!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos