Pat747
Topic Author

My Future Emirates Fly

Fri Feb 25, 2000 6:16 am

Dear Airliners Friends ,

for my next travel to Sri Lanka and the Maldives , I’ll take EMIRATES .
For me it will be the first time that I’ll take EMIRATES , so , for those of you
who have some experience with this Airline , can you tell me your impressions ?
Maybe , I’ll fly Business Class , from LHR to DXB - DXB to CMB -
CMB to MLE - MLE to DXB - and finaly DXB to LHR .
What are your impressions about their Service onboard ?

Thank you very much all of you , kind regards , take care ,

Patrick Brussels Belgium
Pat747

American 767

RE: My Future Emirates Fly

Fri Feb 25, 2000 6:51 am

Hi Patrick,
That sounds like a great trip. I've never been on Emirates but I know they are very good with their inflight service. There was an article in Airways back in '97 about Emirates, it must be among the best carriers in the Middle East. They are retirering their A300's and A310's, they now have a bunch of A330's and B777's. There's not much I can tell you about Emirates, the only thing I can tell you is that the 777 is a magnificent aircraft to fly. You'll like it, ask Sabena (Olivier).
I'll talk to you soon.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

Fri Feb 25, 2000 11:09 pm

I flew Emirates from Heathrow to Dubai and from Dubai to Singapore and return in the same way and the service it was simply superb. You took the best option to chose Emirates. The inflight entertainment was great.
Emirates was considered the best airline of the year 2000. This means everithing.

Carlos.

Portugal

shankly

Sat Feb 26, 2000 1:48 am

I have done the London - Sri-Lanka and London - Bangkok routes with Emirates. I have flow Cathay and Singapore on similar routes, and although those airlines flew direct, I reckon the Emirates flights via Dubai can't be beat. Have a great trip.
L1011 - P F M

SABENA

Sun Feb 27, 2000 1:22 am

As they say on their TV ads it is the finest in the sky !
They won quite many awards in business magazines.
And the 777 is in my opinion the best airliner in the world ! Emirates was amoung their very first client.

Sabena - Brussels

Sun Feb 27, 2000 1:41 am

Hi Pat
When I was flying down in the Maldives I did the MLE-CMB-MLE with them and they were great!!
Right up there with SIA in every way that I could see, even on a short flight like that. The part that kinda blew me away was when checking in I was asked, smoking or non? And this was just last summer.

Amir

Sun Feb 27, 2000 7:15 am

i did fly emirates several times on these routes:

DAM-DXB-DAM
FRA-DXB-FRA

on A313 and A300-600 in all three classes.

very nice airline, actually the best arabic ariline for my liking. On of the first airlines worldwide to introduce PTC in coach. Nice food, especially the arabic dishes.

Business class on the A300/310 could be better when considering therather narrow seat. But the seatpitch does compensate this.

First class in Emirates is a dream! very attentive and charming FA's, good seating.

Have fun!
rgds
Amir

Sun Feb 27, 2000 8:35 pm

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Andy

You'll probably fly the shorter version of this to Male and Colombo. By the way, get a seat on the port side for the CMB approach, it's really something. Any window seat for MLE will do, it's incredible on both sides. Enjoy the trip, and don't be shy to ask for a visit to the flightdeck, they're really keen on it, and the pilots could well be from your home country!! (or the cabin crew: more than 5 nationalities on each flight!!)

Regards,
Tailscraper
Jumeirah, Dubai.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos