ramerinianair

CO & COE Meal/Snack?

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:47 am

I fly CO often but usually during the afternoon or night time. I am flying to LAX from ISP at 6:30am and the CO timetable says that I will have a snack on both legs. Expedia.com says that I will have a snack to CLE then a breafast onto LAX. The CO web-site only posts what service they offer on domestic flights. They explain on CO.com that I wouldn't get anything on my ISP-CLE portion but I should get a snack from CLE to ISP. I am getting mixed signals and I want to know if I should bring anything with me. I checked airlinemeals.net but I don't know what is considered a snack or what is considered a meal.
I know CO doesn't serve meals domestically unless you are on a transcon but my flight is 4:50 minutes from CLE-LAX. If anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it as I do eat a lot and would like to know what I should bring.
Thanks Again,
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

SafetyDude

RE: CO & COE Meal/Snack?

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:52 am

I believe that you should be getting a snack on CLE-LAX, but I am not sure about CLE-ISP in either direction.

My experience is that the snack on CO is very good and certainly better than nothing. I would, of course, suggest that you bring food just in case you do not like the snack or it is not filling enough.

Some of the special meals on CO can be quite good and much better than the regular meal.

Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

JBLUA320

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:59 am

This is going purely off of experience, but the ISP-CLE leg, at that time, the snack is most likely a muffin. However, on the CLE-LAX leg, I'm fairly sure that qualifies for a full meal service, and breakfast should be offered. If in fact Continental does offer the snack service, it will most likely be Cereal, a banana and raisins or a muffin.

On a 4:50 flight though, I would think Continental is serving a full breakfast. But that is just based off of experience. I know on my EWR-LAX flights, there were full hot meals both ways. CLE-LAX isnt that much shorter!

JBLU

ramerinianair

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:12 am

Thanks!
I don't know if there is anybody in ops that can help but I know on my 5 1/2 plus flight from EWR-PVR, there was only a snack and not full meal service. I don't know how to figure out their service. If it helps any, there are no special meal options and the timetable lists it as a snack. The EWR-LAX flights are listed as Lunch or Dinner.
SR

optionscle

Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:05 am

I flew CLE-LAX a couple of months ago and was expecting only a "snack." I was plesantly surprised, however, when a warm breaded chicken breast sandwich, apple, and bag of chips came my way. CO's food was very good.

-Andrew

ramerinianair

Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:16 am

Thanks CLE,
That's their snack meal service.
SR

blink182

Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:54 am

I know this is an international flight, but on SJO-IAH,roughly a 3 hr 15 minute flight, I got a hot breakfast in economy. This was only two weeks ago too. If LAX-CLE is longer, why does Continental reduce the service?

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Cory6188

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:34 am

International receives different service than domestic, most likely because the ticket prices are much, much higher.

ramerinianair

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:42 am

So is it accurate to say that meal service goes by yield of route? I went internationally to PVR more then 5 hrs and got a snack. The much shorter flight to SJO recieved better service. I'm guessing that with less competition to SJO, CO makes more money hence a meal.
SR

Carfield

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:21 pm

First off, Continental is not offering any more hot meals -- that means hot casserole dish services on any domestic service. Even on transcon flights, you will get a meal on tray, but instead of a hot dish, you will get a hot sandwich of some type. Except redeye flights, you will be offered a hot snack on all transcontinental flights.

CLE-LAX will be considered a mid con flight... you will get a snack of some type, but I am not sure if you will get a hot sandwich or not, but you will get the cereal/banana/milk/muffin combo for sure... if you are lucky, you will get the transcon affair, which is a hot breakfast sandwich/fruit/yogurt combo.

For CLE to East Coast, you will not get any snack service in Y... only a cup of your beverage. On morning flights, they don't even bother with pretzels. I flew EWR-CLE last year in Y, I only get a cup of cranberry juice -- not even a granola bar like other US airlines.

I hope it helps...

Carfield

NIKV69

Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:20 pm

I fly the ISP-CLE route often and only get a can of soda and peanuts.  Sad

The other leg of your trip you should get something.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos