Venezuela747
Topic Author

Weekly Amazing Race Thread

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:57 am

So I figured I start this weeks discussion.

In last nights epsiode the teams flew from Luxor-CAI and from there they had to book flights to Nairobi, Kenya. OK, I don't know how much those teams know about traveling or geography. But I am not sure traveling all the to ZRH and back down to Africa was a good option. The shcedule just looked horrible because the arrived at ZRH late at night and it lloked like they had to spend the whole day night in ZRH to catch the next flight out. THe other 2 teams were a little bit smarter and went to an Arab airline (Gulf Air) which got the next day in the morning instead of the next day at night, flying throught Bahrain ---> Abu Dhabi/Dubai ----->WIL. Finnally all the teams make it on the Gulf Air flight. That was about it on traveling related from AR.

BTW, CBS ALWAYS shows the SQ744 landing at night when the need a night shot

Please comments on what you thoguth about the show..........try to keep it Airline related. And if anyone have the flight numbers?
ROLL TIDE!!!

QIguy24

RE: Weekly Amazing Race Thread

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:05 am

I stopped seeing this program when I saw how they treated the local people.
Never have I seen anyone bee so arrogant towards other people before..

Tom in NO

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:08 am

Nice to see NW serving Cairo with 747's. Big grin
They're using more stock footage for the landings/takeoffs, but the airport scenes are interesting.

2 threads running in the non-Av forum on AR.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

SafetyDude

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:33 am

BTW, CBS ALWAYS shows the SQ744 landing at night when the need a night shot
True, but considering how accurate all of the other shots are, I do not mind it.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Perhaps an award should go to the show that gets the most avaition things correct.  Big grin

-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

Jonathan L

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:12 am

I liked seeing that shot of Windows 3.1 in use at the Cairo Gulf Air office.