United4everDEN
Topic Author

Alaska To SNA From DEN

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:15 am

I am looking at fares to SNA from DEN and Alaska comes up the cheapest at 160 RT. The funny thing is, you have to route through SEA going there, and then coming back, you go through PDX and SEA. It is more to make just one connection. Why do this, when 1 connection leaves an open seat? I don't mind taking the commuter flight from PDX to SEA (I have the option to do the opposite, SEA-PDX, at the same price), infact I love taking Horizon Air Q400s, it just peaked my curiousity.

hawaiian717

RE: Alaska To SNA From DEN

Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:38 am

Mostly likely the necessary booking class for that fare is sold out on the SNA-SEA leg, but is still available on SNA-PDX and PDX-SEA.

It would have to be a pretty big savings to consider it, even with one stop SEA is way out of the way when going between DEN and SNA.

David / MRY

AirframeAS

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:00 pm

Because AS does not have a SNA-DEN segment. Its pretty simple. Go look at their route map.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

SUPRAZACHAIR

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:42 pm

Because AS does not have a SNA-DEN segment. Its pretty simple. Go look at their route map.

Eh, he's actually talking about having to go DEN-PDX-SEA-SNA (or whatever)on the return trip, and why it'd be cheaper. I can't answer the question though... I just cram the bags into the planes.

RyDawg82

Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:39 am

Perhaps the reduced fare is sold out on the SNA-SEA flight. Many airfares are allowed to be routed thru various cities if a nonstop/direct flight isn't available. The reduced fare is most likely valid (and available) with routing thru PDX, so perhaps this is why it's happening....Just an idea....

-R
You can take the pup out of Alaska, but you can't take the Alaska out of the pup.