kwbl

For Those PDX Fans Out There

Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:27 pm

the PDX web site has the July statistics. A few noteworthy items.

1. Based on the number of PAX and flights, LH had an 89% LF and carried 704 tons of freight! Its not the strongest month passenger-wise but the cargo appears to be very strong

2. MX load factor was approximately 93%. They have had 2 straight strong months.

3. Based on the total # international PAX for the month (and after subtracting LH, MX, Air Canada and approx QX intl) NW is carrying in excess of 250 pax per flight and healthy amount of cargo.

4. AS is still the #1 carrier but WN is gaining ground (AS does not include QX. WN has passed up QX in PAX as well)

StevenUhl777

RE: For Those PDX Fans Out There

Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:38 pm

Cool...that is encouraging, especially on the international scene....so is PDX at or above pre-9/11 levels now?

Regarding the NW flight...like with LH, are many of those passengers currently using the pre-bought, incentive-based blocks of tickets use to lure the route in the first place? If so, then we can't really get an accurate read on how successful the route will truly be until those incentives expire and people really start buying the tickets.

I know UA isn't the top airline anymore at PDX, but I'd be curious to see how many passengers originate in PDX and continue to international destinations on UA...vs. the NW nonstop and the LH nonstop. Back when DL operated flights to Asia, UA STILL carried more pax to the Orient via SFO and LAX on Shuttle than DL did out of PDX. One of the contributing factors to DL's failure in PDX.

And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

BlatantEcho

Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:47 pm

just got back from racing J-24s on the Columbia, 1 mile north of the field.

Man, I try watching what I'm doing, but everytime a plane flies over, up goes my head.

Good to see PDX doing well. The NRT direct flight especially is interesting. Looking forward to the A332s, should make the route even more profitable.

George
They're not handing trophies out today

flashmeister

Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:35 pm

How long were the LH prepurchased ticket offers good for? Seems like those should be tapering off.

StevenUhl777

Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:44 pm

How long were the LH prepurchased ticket offers good for? Seems like those should be tapering off.

My understanding was that they were for a year from the date of the inagural, meaning they would have been used up around 3/31/2004.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

kwbl

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:03 am

I don't recall any prepurchase of tickets with the incentives for LH and NW. The community did make pledges which are more or less promises to use the service. I could be wrong though. StevenUhl777, I think UA is still a major player at PDX. I am sure there is some drain on the int'l traffic to Asia but I do not know how much. I know NW also carried lots of people to Asia via SEA as well.

moman

Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:36 am

You all in PDX have a nice airport. Was up there last year and really impessed by it, especially the food court and the bar with all the beer taps overlooking the concourses! Hope to visit again soon.

Flew on AA. They had non-stops to STL but dropped them last Nov.

Moman
AA Platinum Member - American Airlines Forever

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos