Gitano
Topic Author

First Time In MAD..

Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:04 pm

I will be going to MAD for the first time. I have no idea were to stay or what to do I'll be there for about 30hrs.. Any suggestions?

Tan Flyr

RE:First Time In MAD..

Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:33 pm

Hopefully you budgeted some funds for a hotel! I'd be sure to check out the tapas bars at the Plaza Mayor for some real good tapas.

If you have any interest in art...take a few hours and go thru the Prado Museum. el Parque Retriero is just a few blocks up the hill from the Prado and is a cool urban park.

Have fun!

jasepl

Gitano

Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:43 pm

Madrid's a brilliant city. Try and extend your stay if you can, it really is worth it. I've always stayed with a friend, so can't really be of help with hotels. Other than that, I'd say, other than the Prado, don't go with a must-see and must-do list. Be sure to go out drinking in the night.

A word of caution though. It can get boiling in the summer. And - so far I'm the only one I know who thinks this - Madrid smells of ham. And I don't like ham.

[Edited 2004-08-21 15:52:03]

Gitano
Topic Author

RE: First Time In MAD..

Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:50 pm

Thanks Guys!

I will be going there for Buss however once night falls it will be different. I have heard so much about MAD I can't really wait to be there. The good think is that I will be doing this every 2 weeks until Oct. Any info on spotting

bullpitt

RE: First Time In MAD..

Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:22 am

Hi hablas espanol?  Wink/being sarcastic

I think you will love Madrid.

For a hotel I suggest you get a Bancotel talonario http://www.bancotel.es/esp/funcionamiento.htm

This will get you a room in a 3 to 4 star hotel for 50euros +iva

By all means go to the Plaza Mayor but don't sit on the terraces their tourist traps, you can get the same much cheaper else where.

For spotting I suggest if you have a car to drive to Paracuellos del Jarama great view of the entire airport. Also drive to IB industrial area, from the roadway you can get a good view of the aircraft approaching.

Hope you have a Good time while your here.
These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others