swatpamike

Best Time For LAX Spotting @In-and-Out Burger.

Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:15 pm

Hello everyone

I am thinking about a spotting and burger trip to LAX on Tuesday Aug. 24.

Any info on the best arrival times for International flights would be great.

Anyone wishing to join me at the In-And-Out burger is welcome.

Thanks

Cheer

swatpamike

PanAm747

RE: Best Time For LAX Spotting @In-and-Out Burger.

Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:17 pm

Hey Mike -

You should be getting a message from me. If it doesn't come through, my e-mail address is available through my profile.

I've spotted MANY times at In & Out Burger, and I've been looking for an excuse to get up there from San Diego. There's great spotting down here, too, but not the variety as LAX.

Hope to see you there!!
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

AlitaliaMD11

Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 pm

Hey

in june went to LA. I spent all of my days down at IN n Out. Probaly the best spotting. If you want to catch a 346 then thats not the spot along with QF and most United, CO, and delta planes. If you want to catch some big boys that is the spot. Almost all the 744s use the runway. 345 uses the runway around 5. A lot of 777s use it to. Southwest uses it a lot.

So basically you should check the airports web site and type in the ailrline you want to see and it gives you the times. Or you could just stand there all day like me. Most 340s and 330s use it. There is also a parking garage there whichc is good for level shots. And MD-11s.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ken Cheung

View Large View Medium

Photo © James Rowson

View Large View Medium

Photo © James Rowson

View Large View Medium

Photo © Artem-LAXImages.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Phil Derner Jr.

No Vueling No Party

BURules

Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:03 am

The beauty of LAX is that there isn't a big rush of international traffic like you get at the big East Coast airports around 5-7 PM.

Due to both Asian and European flights, there's a steady flow all afternoon.

Double-doubles and widebodies . . . enjoy.

NIKV69

Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:38 am

All you guys have a double double for me! Let me know if you will be having any spotting get togethers in the winter I will be out that way!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

JMSinTexas

Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:52 am

What a way to make a double-double taste even better - a steady stream of widebodies on approach overhead. I always figured they put that In-n-Out burger there so that when people got home from trips, they could have a double-double as quickly as possible. I know I take advantage of it every time I go into LAX. Nice that it works out for the spotters among us as well. Enjoy!

Luv767s

Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:08 am

What are the cross streets to the In-n-out? It's on Sepulveda though right? I'll be there Labor Day weekend and want to check it out.

[Edited 2004-08-24 00:11:23]
-"...never have I been a blue calm sea, I have always been a storm"

Superfly

Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:13 am

Wish I could come down and join.

What do you think of In & Out french fries?
I used to hate them now I love them!
Bring back the Concorde

NIKV69

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:37 am

How can you hate them? They are cut fresh! The food there is the best because it's family owned. I am going to have to take a short hop to LAX this winter to spot and dine on the best burgers in the world! Anybody game let me know I get to IFP late December.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Matt D

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:39 am

I'd be game to come out there on a Saturday.

burnsie28

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:39 am

WOW I was just there yesterday doing that.

From my experience yesterday its pretty busy except between about 2:30-3:00

swatpamike

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:37 am

Hello everyone

At 2pm this afternoon (Aug 23) I got stuck with a mandatory 2nd shift. I have to work until 1:30am (Aug 24) so the great LAX burger journey is delayed due to coworkers calling in sick.  Pissed

Will advise time & date of new trip.

Cheers

swatpamike

ORDINDUAFLYER

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:55 am

I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now, and it looks like I'll have the opportunity next month. Anybody have an estimate on how long of a walk it is from the LAX Westin (not sure if I'll have a car with me at that point). Thanks!

BURules

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:53 pm

It would be a bit of a hike. Guessing about 30 minutes at least. The Westin is actually one of the furthest east of the airport hotels.

But oh so worth it.

JMSinTexas

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:16 pm

ORDINDUAFLYER:

2 options come to mind if you don't want to walk for 30 minutes through what is probably not the most pedestrian-friendly neighborhood.. 1) The hotel, being an "airport" hotel, is likely to have an airport shuttle, and they may be willing to drop you off. If that doesn't work, then go downstairs and get a cab - again, it's an airport hotel, there will probably always be at least one cab in the driveway. Good luck!

ORDINDUAFLYER

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:26 am

Thanks BURules & Jmsintexas -- I've stayed at the Westin before (but have never been to this In 'n Out) and definitely recall it didn't seem like the most pedestrian-friendly walk along Sepulveda (the time/distance didn't bother me). I do recall the Westin being one of the furthest out of the hotels, but wasn't sure which direction the In 'n Out was from there (of course I'm usually half-asleep on the shuttle, so I could have gone past it a dozen times this year & not realized it). I'll just make sure I do it on one of the upcoming trips where I have a car & drive it. Thanks again for the input!  Smile