Had A Wonderful Time

Sat Feb 26, 2000 6:01 am

well i made it back...alive. the flight to london from sf was about as good as it gets, the flight to dublin from heathrow on brittish midlands airbus was BUMPY, the plane was sliding all over the sky, it was awefull...heathrow airport really sucks and i couldnt find my way to check in to come back to sfo, i made my flight with 3 minutes remaining! virgin air is very very nice, i got all the drinks i wanted and i even got to watch the muppet show on the little tv! i ordered the vegan meal, and it was pretty greasy but it looked better than what everyone else was eating. the only thing that was different too was that i must have had about 100 drinks and it didnt really get me drunk. i caught a buzz but it wore off in like 2 minutes. also, the leg room really sucked for me, being 6'0 tall and cramped in a little space made me mad. also, i wish you could smoke on long flights, i think that rule sucks. i got so irritated after 8 hours i almost slashed my wrists..at least they could offer nicorettes! oh and it was really hot too, i think the a/c was broken..other than that it was great and i had the best time in the uk and i wish i missed my flight and never had to come back..what happens if you miss a flight? do they let you come back?

RE: Had A Wonderful Time

Sat Feb 26, 2000 2:30 pm

Glad to hear you didn't have any fear now. How'd you overcome this fear of flying? I know how much it sucks to get around Heathrow. I've been there. It's like a maze sometimes!! But's great for planewatching!! At least there's a neat Underground connection from LHR to downtown London. Only 1/2 hour! And cheaper! Compared to this,by car or taxi($$$!!) you'd be VERY lucky to make that same trip in under an hour! I'm sure they'd let you come back, but you'd probably have to fork out extra moolah if you went on points or a discount fare.

Once again, how did you overcome your fear of flying? I'd sure love to hear what you say about that!

EI133

Sun Feb 27, 2000 12:14 am

I would to love to know how you enjoyed Ireland as I live in Dublin.

teahan

Sun Feb 27, 2000 12:48 am

Did you come to Kerry ?? I live there. Ireland is great is'nt it ??? NOT

Jeremiah Teahan
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Sun Feb 27, 2000 1:02 am

Hi Lecrack,
I hope you had a gr8 time in Ireland. I'm from Dublin, but live in Kerry too. How was the service on board, staff on Virgin are supposed to be wonderful. Dublin is becoming almost like a mainland European city, lots of restaurants to chose from, a good ethnic population mix. I'm looking forward to flying to Ibiza this July coming. I'll be flying on a Brittania 767.

Sun Feb 27, 2000 1:05 am

Your webpage is funny, all this 'my ass' business. I don't fly that route though, which is a shame.