ERJ170
Topic Author

RDU West Coast Rumor

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:02 pm

Read in the Charlotte Journal that RDU is looking at (possibly in talks with) a new carrier for west coast destinations. Anyone heard anything or ponder who it could be? This is all from an article, but would be a reasonable next step for RDU. So, who knows what?
Aiming High and going far..

RduBE90Pilot

RE: RDU West Coast Rumor

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:16 pm

LOL, we've seen this before haven't we? I hope it happens but with RDU's track record on west coast ops lately.....?

PS. Haven't seen you on the boards lately ERJ170. What up?

Eric

ERJ170
Topic Author

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:29 pm

Hey Eric...

I been around.. nothing else to do days while jobsearching.. just search for RDU and you will see.. yes, I have been here.. but no one else has been here.. anyway, I read it in the Charlotte Journal from a month or so ago.. Nothing official.. no names dropped.. no confirmations.. just stated that RDU was looking at a new carrier for west coast destinations.. could be cool if they got someone.. besides, i think LAX and SFO would definitely do well at RDU..

Now, what info do you have to share? You must know SOMETHING????

rwylie77

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:40 pm

How about American Airlines flying to somewhere like San Jose or a small ish West Coast airport and have it as a feeder for their London Gatwick flight from RDU? If they flew to LAX or SFO from RDU then they would have to compete with the direct flights to London? Or do you think there is enough domestic demand? I assume at the moment people have to change at Chicago, Dallas or Denver?

ERJ170
Topic Author

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:57 pm

There is no current N/S flights to LAX.. there are direct flights through AW and I think possibly AA and UA..

There has been rumor that AA would do a RDU-LAX N/S.. but nothing has happened yet. AW isn't too interested in it either. If a new airline was to start it.. I would guess there could only be 3 choices.. Frontier, jetBlue, or Virgin America.. since Virgin America hasn't even done anything yet, i don't think they would be an option at this moment.. jetBlue should be arriving at RDU next year so we shall see, but I believe that LGB is slot restricted and may be at capacity. Fronteir emergence at RDU is unknown.. so it's hard to speculate.

As far as the LAX-RDU-LGW.. I don't think AA is looking to feed the Gatwick flight.. they probably feel it would take away from other flights they want to make profitable (since the RDU flight is automatically a profit with the subsidies).

rwylie77

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:35 pm

ERJ170 - who subsidises the RDU-LGW route?

ERJ170
Topic Author

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:40 pm

Good Lord.. Glaxo is one.. Nortel, Bayer, a few pharma companies, a few other companies.. needless to say, the 777 is basically paid for wihtout a single person on it!

MAH4546

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:42 pm

If anybody moves on RDU-LAX/SFO, its gonna be American Airlines, give it time, it will happen. American announced RDU-SJC back in October 2002, but low advanced bookings canceled the flight before it's March 2003 start.

It might be another carrier to, but it will not be jetBlue. No free slots at LGB, and the few they have they want to use on their major transcon markets to NYC, DC, Boston, and Lauderdale.
a.

ERJ170
Topic Author

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:57 pm

Would jetBlue possibly do a RDU-OAK.. another untapped market.. could at least do a 1 dialy.. and a redeye..

Byrdluvs747

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:33 am

There has been rumor that AA would do a RDU-LAX N/S.. but nothing has happened yet. AW isn't too interested in it either.

I think HP would be interested eventually, but they have higher priorities from LAX. MIA, PHL, DFW, ORD need to come first.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

MAH4546

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:47 am

Would jetBlue possibly do a RDU-OAK.. another untapped market.. could at least do a 1 dialy.. and a redeye..

Extremely unlikely. Other markets like FLL-OAK would come first. Plus, they will be competing head on with Southwest (even though WN does not offer a non-stop). They try to avoid Southwest in near every market. Raleigh's future in transcons is in the hands of American Airlines. There is a huge potential market, and I still can't believe RDU has no LAX non-stops (SFO non-stops will be a lot harder to come by. Many other larger cities, like Kansas City, San Antonio, and Tampa, don't have them either), but they are the ones that are going to have to tap it.

Or who knows...maybe Independence Air will decide to do transcon flying from more than just Dulles.
a.

ERJ170
Topic Author

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:50 am

That brings up a good question.. I still don't have an answer too.. anybody from IDE.. WHAT arethey going to do with the 2 unused gates at RDU? Could B6 be using one?

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:16 am

From the RDU latest newsletter, RDU Authority is still looking for international service to Paris, Munich and/or Frankfurt.. wonder who they are still trying to entice?

http://www.rdu.com/News/pdf/UpdateMayJun04.pdf
-----> see last paragraph, page 4.

Also of interest.. city-pairs still lacking from RDU's top 20 list...

LAX & MCI.. looks like good routes for Frontier!!!!

flyibaby

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:00 am

ERJ...What two gates are being unused?

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:04 am

Gates A10 & A12... but someone said IDE uses A10 as a backup for A11 and as a RON.. A12 is unused but an IDE gate also... also heard earlier that IDE may add another destination.. but this was a while ago I heard it.. unverifiable..

westindian425

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:13 am

There could be the possibility of a B6 LGB-RDU, I think.

Neil
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:18 am

Can B6 do any more LGB flights? I thought they were pretty much slot-filled...

MAH4546

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:30 am

There could be the possibility of a B6 LGB-RDU, I think.

No, there isn't. jetBlue has no more slots left at LGB. In addition, Raleigh is not large enough a market to run these flights. Washington, NYC, Boston, and Miami/Lauderdale are huge transcon markets to LA...they can support the alternate airport. Raleigh cannot. RDU will get west coast service in the future, I say within two years, with non-stops to LAX. It's a given.
a.

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:54 am

Is there going to be an additional destination added this year on American Eagle, USAirways, and Independence? These are the most likely, with the longtime rumor of another new AE destination before year end.. but to where???

MAH4546

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:00 am

These are the most likely, with the longtime rumor of another new AE destination before year end.. but to where???

If they add a destination, New Orleans would be my guess. AA's winter schedule is supposed to be announced 10 September, maybe earlier.
a.

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:24 am

Now THAT would be good news.. New Orleans did really well when Midway #2 was around.. I believe it was a Fokker100 on the route, 2 or 3 times a day.. that would be excellent.. too bad it's not already available this weekend..

lgbguy

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:49 am

I could see WN drop 1 PHX-RDU R/T AND 1 PHX-LAX R/T and run the A/c RDU-LAX n/s....There is talk that they are doing a lot of chances to there flights in JAN 05...I think this would do great for WN...notmike lgbguy

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:54 am

no offense, but if I am going to fly transcon.. I want a meal of some sort.. and not some dang nuts.. that would be a 8 hour flight!

travelin man

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:39 am

An 8 hour flight? Not sure where you're flying to, ERJ170, but LAX-RDU is more like a 4 1/2 hour flight. And if I recall correctly, WN gives a little lunch box thing on longer flights, with a granola bar, sausage, & cheese & crackers....

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:50 am

I was including the time changes.. LAX-RDU.. 4.75 hours + 3 hour time change..

I didn't know WN did box lunches.. I thought they were just the peanut people.. but where is the sandwich?

flyibaby

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:58 am

ERJ,
Gate A12 belongs to the airport and the jetway is owned by AirCanada. Unless someone plans on starting RJ service and builds a podium at the gate and somehow manages to either get someone to groun handle the airfract since there is no bagroom space left at A-term, then that gate is going to be left unused. Nothing larger than an RJ can fit into that gate with the wingspan of the HP 319 on A14 and I-Air on A11.
As far as transcon...I still don't expect anything for at least a couple of years until RDU gets more business passengers. You cant afford to run a transcon flight on a legacy carrier selling 200.00 tickets and SW just doesn't have the available aircraft to spare flying RDU-West Coast when they can make triple the money flying RDU-PHL and so on. See my point?

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:17 am

Ah yes.. I remember that fact about gate A12 now.. will IDE be using A10 on am ore permanent basis?

I don't see WN doing RDU-West coast either..

The only thing I disagree about is the lack of business traffic. RDU has very good business traffic.. I think that a transcon flight would do well, even if it was started today.

ramerinianair

Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:34 am

Ummmmmmmmmmm, WHAT???
The RDU to LGW route makes a lot of money for AA because it has a large business base. NOT BECAUSE OF SUBSIDIES.
The flight is a 777 and the First class cabin for the first half of next week is at 50%, towards the endof the week it is almost 90%. The J class is around 20/35 seats through Wednesday and then almost 100% until the following tuesday.
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

ACAfan

Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:43 pm

I think that when people mention the RDU-LGW subsidy, they are referring to the use of F-J tickets by business passengers. I doubt the companies are paying AA some extra money.

Buy purchasing expensive tickets, they are "subsidizing" the flight.

As a person who lives in RIC who drives up to IAD for my intercontinental travel, I would much prefer if AA were to shift their LGW flight to LHR. That way, people could connect to other oneworld carriers, particularly BA.

My last intercontinental trip was IAD-LHR-BAH-DOH and back.

The increased connection opportunities would be able to attract intercontinental customers from outside the RDU area. An RDU-LHR flight would attract people from the RIC area, the ORF area, and the GSO area. Not so much CLT, as they have Star connections at FRA.

I could have flown from RDU rather than IAD connecting at LHR.

The economy class is empty. Why not add icing to the AA cake by filling it up!

EDIT: I know the business are based near Gatwick and prefer the Gatwick flight. But even if the flight is moved to Heathrow, they would still fly LHR rather than connect in Atlanta en route to LGW.

[Edited 2004-09-03 15:47:43]
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

ERJ170
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:56 pm

RDU will not get access to LHR. Very few cities have access to LHR. That being said, it is true that the RDU flights are subsidized by several companies in the Triangle.. beins dubsidized by guaranteeing that a certain number of seats will be sold. But from what I undersstand from my cousin who frequently flies that route, the 777 is not as empty as people think. It's not just first and business class that is full.. coach class is actually pretty well sold also. So though it is subsidized, the flight is actually pulling in quite a few "regular" passengers also. From everywhere I have read, heard, and seen.. the flight is quite a moneymaker and is justifiably as legitimate a route as any other AA route.

Therefore, I believe that the continuous notion that the RDU-LGW flight is simply a "subsidized" flight should be dropped. The flight does well on its own and is a definite profitable route. I hate to think that people on A.net were trying to sell RDU short just because we have high business traffic.

And with the update that is going to happen to the customs area, transition from Int-to-ground and Int-to-dom should be less than an hour.

[Edited 2004-09-03 15:57:14]

N1120A

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:01 pm

I have been on WN with the snack pack, and there is no sausage or cheese. It is just things like oreos, lora dunes, wheat thins and teddy grahams. You will never get a sandwich on WN, it just flies in the face. They would have to use outside catering, and that would raise the costs of the tickets.
Also, according to your body and its metabolism, the flight is 4.5 hours.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Jetmarc

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:12 pm

Just because slots at LGB are all used up, it doesnt mean jetBlue wouldnt pull a flight for a new destination. Trans-cons make far more $$$ than a short hop to OAK or LAS. Didnt jetBlue pull a LGB-FLL to begin Boston? We dropped a few LAS flights (now only 2 daily LGB-LAS) for other trans-cons. Sure we make money on LGB-OAK (hardly any thru pax though), but remember WN has 30 million non-stops between OAK and BUR, LAX, ONT, and SNA. Dropping one LGB-OAK flight from 5 daily r/t to 4 to offer a nonstop LGB-RDU could work and would be cool...
"Sucka, I'm gonna send you out on Knuckle Airlines. Fist Class!!" ~ Mr. T

Jetmarc

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:15 pm

PS - jetBlue used to fly 9 daily r/t LGB-OAK just to use slots so AA couldn't get 'em... how many LGB-OAK flights did we plan to actually have originally? Would there even have been any of these flights if we didnt risked losing unused slots?

MAH4546

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 pm

RDU will not get access to LHR. Very few cities have access to LHR.

There is only one way RDU can get LHR access. If AA were to drop RDU-LGW, BA would be able to fly RDU-LHR if traffic levels reached a certain amount (an amount that could be easily reached).

But from what I undersstand from my cousin who frequently flies that route, the 777 is not as empty as people think. It's not just first and business class that is full.. coach class is actually pretty well sold also.

Coach loads on the flight are terrible during the winter. They do well in the summer, most European flights do. Though in the winter, that is a non-Revs favourite flight. It is the easiest way to get to London, because the flight most likely has plenty of empty seats.

While the flight is mainly O&D, one way AA fills up the coach cabin of RDU-LGW is by sending up passengers from MIA (and they send a lot of MIA-LON passengers through RDU). The cheapest way to fly AA on MIA-LON is almost always via RDU. It is usually about $350-$400 cheaper. This way, they get the bargain hunters through Raleigh, helping to fill coach, and keep the MIA-LHR flights for the higher yielding passengers. Kills two bird with one stone.

So though it is subsidized, the flight is actually pulling in quite a few "regular" passengers also. From everywhere I have read, heard, and seen.. the flight is quite a moneymaker and is justifiably as legitimate a route as any other AA route.

If it were not for subsidies by Glaxo and others, the flight would not operate. It supports itself because local companies, lead by Glaxo, guarantee the flight will break even everytime it takes off. The day Glaxo decides to cut those revenue guarantees, you can kiss RDU-LGW goodbye.
a.

MAH4546

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:18 pm

Dropping one LGB-OAK flight from 5 daily r/t to 4 to offer a nonstop LGB-RDU could work and would be cool...

It would work if there was a market for RDU-LGB. There isn't.
a.

Jetmarc

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:39 pm

If theres a market for RDU-LGW, Im sure there's a market for RDU-LGB/Los Angeles, especially with low fares. Los Angeles is the 2nd largest US city...

Jetmarc

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:49 pm

Also - its called market stimulation. Offer low fares + quality service and they'll come. Im sure flights would be full if AA launched LAX-RDU without charging $600 one way. For example, before jetBlue there was only enough 'market' for 2 airlines (DL and TW) to fly JFK-PBI each once daily, but now jetBlue alone has 6 daily non-stops...

MAH4546

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:54 pm

Im sure there's a market for RDU-LGB/Los Angeles, especially with low fares. Los Angeles is the 2nd largest US city...

There is a market for RDU-LAX. That is a huge untapped market.

There is hardly a market for RDU-LGB.

Yes, I know, markets can be stimulated, as you perfectly pointed out, but with a market that has limited resources (i.e. slots) like LGB, there are far too many more important markets to care about over Raleigh. LGB works as an alternative airport on markets with huge O&D to LAX that can support the alternative. Raleigh is not one of those markets.
a.

ramerinianair

Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:00 pm

ACAFan,
Thanks for the explanation! I really think that calling it a subsidy is a crappy choice of words. If companies guarantee AA a certain amount of traffic a year, it is guaranteeing business so that AA will not turn around and cancel the flight for the winter because of loads. A subsidy is when the government or a private entity gives a company money outright. This case is money being traded for seats. They aren't buying empty seats, they are using them because the NEED the seats.

"That being said, it is true that the RDU flights are subsidized by several companies in the Triangle.. beins dubsidized by guaranteeing that a certain number of seats will be sold."
As I stated, the companies don't just give up money to AA. They give them projections as to how many seats they will be buying over the year. With this information, AA knows that they can make money year round! They are not buying seats just so AA can have the revenue, they are paying for the seats because they need to move people. Whether they choose to pay higher fares rather than discounted fares is a different story but it isn't a subsidy.

"Therefore, I believe that the continuous notion that the RDU-LGW flight is simply a "subsidized" flight should be dropped. The flight does well on its own and is a definite profitable route. I hate to think that people on A.net were trying to sell RDU short just because we have high business traffic."
Yes!!! The notion that this is a subsidized flight should be dropped because it is not. People on a.net are trying to sell AA, RDU and America short claiming there are sudsidies. When governments and or private entities buy service for their usage because they NEED it, it isn't a subsidy. Just like people claim the US government subsidies Boeing through the military contracts. They buy Boeing because Boeing has the best product and they need that product. Just like the companies like Glaxo, they need the product and the best is the AA N/S flight! Not a subsidy!

Also, RDU-LGW makes a lot of money outside the Business travelers because of the O&D traffic and the passengers who can connect into RDU which used to be a hub.
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

MAH4546

Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:10 pm

subsidy is when the government or a private entity gives a company money outright. This case is money being traded for seats. They aren't buying empty seats, they

They are buying empty seats. They buy enough premium seats on every flight to reach the breakeven point. Let's say the breakeven point on the flight is 25 premium seats. So Glaxo and the others who subsidize the flight will pay for at least those 25 seats on every flight, even if the flight leaves with only 10 seats filled in the premium cabins.

Also, RDU-LGW makes a lot of money outside the Business travelers because of the O&D traffic and the passengers who can connect into RDU which used to be a hub.

The O&D leisure traffic is minimal and the connections, which come almost entirely from MIA, are low yield, taking low-yielding traffic off of the high-yielding MIA-LHR route.

The flight is subsidized.
a.

LambertMan

Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:31 pm

Exactly, that is I believe similar to how it works on STL-JAX. My friend goes to DCA in Jacksonville and says the cabin is mainly empty except for the Anheuser Busch guys, leading me to believe it works similarly.

Womack17

Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:06 pm

I have often thought that the RDU-LAX routing was long overdue, but there is something to consider. Midway tried the routing RDU-LAX-LAS-RDU and it didn't do so well. This flight was established while JI still offered AAdvantage mileage on the routing. I flew out on the inaugural flight on the 73G and it was packed. I flew the same flight three months later and there were only 3 of us in FC out of 12 seats. Y class was also under 50% on that flight. However, on the return which was a red-eye LAX-LAS-RDU the flight was packed and when we landed in LAS at least 60% of the pax got off the flight and roughly 45% took there place on the flight back to RDU. I believe that one of the reasons this route has stayed un-served for so long has a lot to do with what AA observed when JI had the routing. There will be those that argue that it wasn't the same because AA didn't offer the service - however, as I stated earlier, full AAdvantage mileage was available.

I believe that RDU is a largely underdeveloped area and most of this can be traced back to one thing - "There isn't any room in the inn." The triangle area of Raleigh - Durham - Chapel Hill is growing by leaps and bounds. The new terminal is going to surprise a lot of people when it is finally completely. I know that many new airlines will be eager to begin service at the new and improved terminal.
Oh how I miss Midway Airlines. A class act right to then end.

B6FA4ever

Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:33 pm

i really do think that AA would be the first airline to start a RDU-Los Angeles run. doing a n/s to LA can offer passenger connection opportunities to the rest of souther california by way of American Eagle...or even for people to connet onto AA's LAX-HNL flts or LAX-NRT (or OneWorld partner flights).

as stated above...LGB is an AWSOME airport...but it is only great for the O/D markets. i really do believe that LAX would be a great addition to our route map and to our customers. People always complain about the crazyness and congestion at LAX but a passenger can get to any point across the world from LAX pretty much. i actually come in contact w/ a lot of passengers who will fly JetBlue to JFK and connect onto European flights to save money (as oddly as that sounds, but its true)...so why wouldn't someone want to do that w/ LAX?

but back to the topic...AA is more likely the one to start service. if/when RDU becomes part of the Jetblue family i see it more as just east coast and/or midwest flights to/from there.

~B6FA4ever

ERJ170
Topic Author

Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:51 pm

IMHO,

I believe that there are only a few markets in which RDU actually NEEDS service.. they are LAX, MCI, and MSY.

I believe there are a few markets in which RDU needs competition... they are DEN, TPA, BOS, FLL...

Therefore, I see 2 good answers to these... F9 (DEN, MCI) and B6 (TPA, BOS, FLL)..

LAX is an entirely different story that has been run through the ringer up here so I drop it. If it comes, it comes. If not, it doesn't. All I have to say is that it would be welcomed here in RDU as well as in LAX, whomever picks it up. Besides, I believe that every good airport should have access to at least 4 areas.. WAS, NYC, SoFl, and LAX! And I believe that if a subsidy is needed, it can surely be found from the many businesses in the Triangle/Triad/ENC area.

Lastly, the LGW flight is subsidized, but also does well in its own right.. if it only carries the subsidized seat recipients, then yes.. it is a completely subsidized flight. But the LGW flight also carries revenue passenger, and not a small amount. Are they connecting from elsewhere? yes.. no.. maybe.. but isn't that what an airline supposed to do? it happens all the time in ORD, MIA, CLT... I don't think RDU HAS to be a 100% O&D market... although, just to point out.. RDU is nearly 100% O&D. Does anyone think that MIA would really have all those flights if they were only going on O&D stats? I don't think so.. Would DEN? I don't think so... Would CLT? Again, I don't think so. Alright then.. enough said.

MAH4546

Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:42 am

Therefore, I see 2 good answers to these... F9 (DEN, MCI) and B6 (TPA, BOS, FLL)..

The only good answer there is Frontier to Denver. jetBlue to Raleigh will consist of New York City flights and not much more. Southwest flew RDU-MCI until last year, and not even they could make money on it.

. Does anyone think that MIA would really have all those flights if they were only going on O&D stats?

To compare MIA to DEN and CLT is a worthless comparison. The Miami area is two to three times larger than either. Most of the European flights at MIA are O&D, and, depending on the route, a good 60%-80% of AA's Latin American traffic to MIA is O&D. The reason that AA's MIA hub rakes in so much money is because O&D is such a critical component, unliker other network hubs. The majority of our international carrier's traffic is, also, O&D. And at FLL, next door, an airport that is served extremely well domesticly and internationally, 97% of the service is O&D.
a.

MAH4546

Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:49 am

Lastly, the LGW flight is subsidized, but also does well in its own right.. if it only carries the subsidized seat recipients, then yes.. it is a completely subsidized flight.

If it only carried non-subsidized seat recipients, the flight wouldn't make money. AA charges pretty lowfares on the route, and, like I said, will route lower yielding passengers through Raleigh. The subsidies are the only thing that keep the flight profitable, and one of the most profitable in AA's network.

There is nothing wrong with flights being subsidized. Plenty of AA flights are...BWI-BOS is subsidized by the US Government, SEA-STL recieves some subisdies from Boeing, BNA-ATL is flown thanks to BellSouth, MIA-CLT was started because of subsidies by Bank of America, DFW-AGU recieves subisides from DaimlerChrysler, XNA-LGA/LAX are subisidized by Wal*Mart, MIA-GGT and MIA-MHH are partly subsidized by local resorts in George Town and Marsh Harbour, as are a handful of American Eagle Caribbbean routes from SJU.
a.

rdu777

Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:50 am

Hey guys,

Been a long time for me. With AA announcements on additional service for winter quickly approaching, what do you think could be coming up for RDU? I doubt the LAX flight would start now, but I was wondering, is the RDU-JAX market large at all? Could we see this route in the future? Glad to be back posting.

ERJ170
Topic Author

Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:03 am

Hmm... I am more anxious to see what the DL announcement will be on Wednesday. That should be a bit more interesting.. I wonder if DL will adjust it's RDU-DFW and introduce a new route???

As far as AE goes, I like MAH suggestion of MSY... I like the intro of ALB or BUF also...